*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2063802-You-First-Then-The-World---Part-Two
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Contest Entry · #2063802
Part two of a three part story for the Twisted Tale Contest

The total word count, including this line, is 3003.


“You First Then The World”
Part Two


     It had been almost twelve years since someone came to her island. And she wanted to know why. But she hadn’t found out too much about that – yet. Klarotta has had a lot of time to figure out why no one had come to her island. And she thought she knows what that reason was.

     There had been twenty to thirty individuals who had come to her island twenty four years. Most of them had been males. But there had been a lot of females too. A lot of them had been a lot older than her. Especially during the first few years on her island. As she got older the age difference started going down too. The last few years they were coming to her island they were only about half her age.

     The first few years after her parents left her on their island were the worse. She still didn’t know if her parents were killed or if they left her there on purpose. Klarotta really believed her parents had been killed. It was the only way she could go on living. If they weren’t killed then that meant that they left her there on purpose. And she still couldn’t believe that they would do that to her.

     Klarotta didn’t like to remember the first few years of her life living on her island alone. It had been very hard on her. Mostly because she was still a kid. Another reason why they couldn’t have left her there on purpose. But that wasn’t the only reason it was hard. Or even the main reason. The main reason was because she was alone on her island.

     There wasn’t a problem with food on her island. Deinal and Rorta left behind a lot of food on their Floater. And the other visitors who came to her island also left food behind. There was also danger on the island that Klarotta learned how to kill for food too. It wasn’t easy because she had never been part of the killing before. But she learned quickly.

     The only real problem Klarotta had was with loneliness. And she even got used to it pretty quickly – because she had to do it to survive. Especially the first few months after her parents left. That’s one of the reasons why she spent so most of her time watching the beaches. Mostly because of her parents return. But also because of loneliness.

     Even after Deinal and Rorta left Klarotta watched the beaches for about a year. But after a year she had to admit to herself that they weren’t going to return. Klarotta never found out what really happened to her parents. But she still thought they were killed – by Deinal and Rorta. She had tried to figure out why they would do that to them. And the only thing she could think of was that they wanted that island for some reason. The only reason she wasn’t killed too is because they didn’t know that she was living there too.

*******

     Klarotta could have left her island at any time since the first visitors came there. But she hadn’t. And she was the only one who could answer the big question – why? At first it was because she wanted to be there when her parents returned. But after a year she couldn’t use that excuse any more.

     Especially since there were two more teams of visitors who came to her island after Deinal and Rorta. The first team was consisted of four people – three males and one young female a few years older than her. Klarotta probably would have left her island with them except for a couple of reasons. One reason was her parents might have returned. And the second reason was the three males who came to her island.

     The second team of visitors was consisted of two males and one females. They were also surprised to see here there. And that she was alone. The reason why they didn’t take her off that island is because they were running from The Law. Klarotta didn’t know why they were wanted by The Law. And she didn’t really care. All she wanted was for them to leave her island. But they didn’t want to leave. Klarotta had no choice but to make them leave too.

     There had been one reason or another why Klarotta didn’t leave her island with one of the visitors. Some of them because of them not liking children. That happened a lot during the first few years she was alone. Then she became a Middle Aged Kid. And that’s when it got even worse. Especially with males. It was bad before then. But it was a lot worse then.

     Another reason was because they were running from The Law. There was a lot of trouble around the world. That’s another reason why she hadn’t left her island. And she didn't want any part of it. Except for the loneliness Klarotta liked living on her island. Will she get off of it someday – maybe? Or she might just live all of her life on her island. Even if she has to do it all alone.

*******

     Klarotta wrote down everything that happened on her island. At least most of it she wrote down. But there were some very personal things she didn't want anyone to ever know about. She wrote about all of the visitors who came to her island. And whether or not they were good visitors or bad ones. But she never wrote down how they left her island. That’s one of those personal things she didn't want anyone to know about.

     She also wrote down everything about the Floaters that came to her island too. There had been only ten Floaters that had come to her island. And all of them were still there. But none of them could float anymore. They could barely stay above the water. All of them look pretty good. But a few of them had at least one big hole in them.

     When she was younger, especially the first couple of years, Klarotta spent most of her time watching the beaches. If she wasn't watching the beaches she was spending her time at one of the four Water Holes, the Water Holes on Porvola were safe for drinking, on her island. She went there at least once a day to get some water. Klarotta also went there for personal reasons too - and to get some exercise.

     Even during her younger years Klarotta spent a lot of time on the Floaters there. And she started with the first Floater left behind after Deinal and Rorta left her island. Mostly she was looking for something she could use like food and whatever she could find to keep her writing going. But she also was very curious about the visitors who came to her island. Who they were and how they lived.

     Klarotta also went to the Floaters to learn too. And she didn't do it to learn how to use the Floaters even though she did that too. Her parents were very strong when it came to her learning. They insisted she continue her learning. And she had been doing that with the help of the Floaters. Some of them didn't have too much to help her learn. But all of them did have some. And a lot of them had a lot for her to learn.

     She didn't go to the Floaters as much after she got older when it came to her continued learning. But she checked them out for anything she could use to live longer and better. She also continued checking them out because of curiosity too. All that was about to change – for the worse.

*******

     It had been over twelve years since Klarotta had a visitor. And she always wanted to know why. She had a lot of time to think about that. And she thinks she knew why no one had come to her island. It's because so many had come to her island but never returned. They could had decided just to stay on her island. And some might think that was what happened. But a lot, if not most, thought it was because they couldn't leave her island. Some, if not most, might even think that it's haunted – or cursed. Whatever their thinking Klarotta thinks that's the reason why no one had come to her island in so long. But that was all about to change.

     Klarotta was at one of her Water Holes when the Beach Alarm went off. A few years ago she decided she would put up Scanners around the edge of the Ocean to detect any Floaters that might show up at her island. She got the idea after she thought she saw a Floater headed for her island. Klarotta was wrong about that. But it made her think that maybe others have come to her island. And she didn't know it because they didn't stay long enough for her to notice them there.

     As soon as she heard the Beach Alarm she dropped the water she was collecting and headed for the beach. The only reason Klarotta knew which beach to go to is because she set up each Scanner differently. When she got the beach there wasn't anyone there. But there was a Floater. Only after going on board, after announcing she was there, did she realize no one was there. She wanted to look around. But she also wanted to know who was on her island. And why were they there.

     It didn't take her long to find those who had come to her island. All she had to do was to follower their trail. That's something else her parents taught her – before they left her. When she caught up to her new visitors she didn't go up to them right away. She wanted to observe them first to see what they are up to before she confronted them. Klarotta started doing that right after Deinal and Rorta left.

     There were three of them – all males. When she was younger she hated that because most of the males were interested in only one thing. And they didn't care how old she was. But that wasn't a problem now. Klarotta stayed where she was for quite a while before she moved a little closer. But after she moved in they moved on. So did Klarotta.

     The three males looked like they were business males. They were all about the same size. And they all had a small Scanner they were using. But the one in the center acted like he was in charge. Klarotta didn't know who they were. Or what they were doing there. But she didn't like it.

     All they were doing was standing there now. Whatever they had been looking for it looked like they found it. They moved one way or another every so often. But only because the Scanner told them too. At least that's how it looked to Klarotta. She didn't know what to do. So she continued to watch them. But she didn't do that for long before she moved in closer – to hear what they were saying.

     "You was right. This is the biggest vain of Thorian we have seen. There is enough Thorian to make us all wealthy ten times over," said the male in charge.

     That's all Klarotta needed to hear. She didn't wait any longer to confront them. "What is Torion?"

     This shocked all three males. For one thing Klarotta was behind them when she said that. And the fact she was there also surprised them. They turned in the direction of the voice they just heard. But it was the one on the male who was in charge right who spoke. "It's called Thorian not Torion."

     The other male who wasn't in charge then added, "It's a very rare element that is used to create fuel. And this island is practically build around it."

     Klarotta knew what fuel was. She didn't use it on her island. But she did on the Floaters. And she knew that it was used on Floaters. She didn't know what else it was used for. But she knew it was used on a lot of things.

     "Is that why you are on my island?" Said Klarotta.

     "What do you mean 'my island'," asked the male in charge?

     "This is my island. And I want you to leave it – now"

     The three males looked at each other. But once again it's the male in charge that spoke. He said, "This isn't your island. No one owns this island. What makes you think you own this island?"

     "Your right I don't own this island. But this is my island. And I want you to leave now."

     Once again it's the male in charge that spoke. It appears to Klarotta he was the male in charge. "Why do you think this is your island?"

     "Because I have lived here all of my live. And according to The Laws of Porvola if someone lives on land more than twenty years it's theirs."

     This time it was one of the other males who spoke. He said, "You lived here all of your life? I don't believe you."

     "Neither do I," said the other male who wasn't in charge. Then he added, "I think you are from a rival business who wants to claim this island first."

     "Where is your Floater? Did you just show up? Or did you land on another part of the island?" Said the male in charge.

     "None of the Floaters here are mine. They were just left behind by the visitors who came to my island before you."

     "Why would 'visitors' leave their Floaters behind?" Said one the other males not in charge.

     "Because I told them to leave my island. And they wouldn't leave. So I made them leave."

     "How did you make them leave? You don't look strong enough to make anyone leave if they don't want to leave," said the male in charge.

     "I didn't say it was easy to make them leave. Especially when I was still a kid. But I did do it thou – every time."

     This surprised the males a little. They started to talk among themselves. Klarotta tried to find out what they were saying. But they obviously didn't want her to hear them.

     "We still don't believe you. I know that some, if not all, the Floaters here maybe can't float anymore. But they could at one time. Why didn't you use one of them to get off the island?" Once again it's the male in charge who spoke.

     "Gee, no one has ever asked me that before. At first it was because I didn't want to be gone when my parents returned. By the time I was old enough to finally realize they weren't coming back I didn't want to leave."

     "How old were you when they left?" Said one of the other males who wasn't in charge.

     "I don't believe you," said the other male not in charge. Then he added, "No one would stay on this island if they didn't have to. There must be another reason why you stayed here if you have stay on this island all of your life like you have said that you have done."

     "Nine. I was almost nine when my parents left. And I have been here alone ever since." Then Klarotta said to the other male who wasn't in charge, "I don't really care if you believe me or not. All I care about is when are you going to leave my island. Or am I going to have to make you leave too?"

     "I'm tired of all of this nonsense. I don't care what you believe, or what you believe to be true, all that matters is who get to the nearest Large Land Mass to claim this island." Said the male who is in charge.

     "Maybe that's what's going on. She was left behind to keep us busy while the rest of her team went to claim this island," said one of the other males not in charge.

     "You could be right. We better get back to the nearest Large Land Mass as quickly as we can." Said the male in charge.

     "If I was left behind to keep you busy then you are already too late. I guess I will own this island after all. And all the wealth that is on it."

     "That might not be true. We have the fastest Floater there is. If anything can get back to the nearest Large Land Mass before your team gets there it's our Floater," said one of the other males not in charge.

     Klarotta smiled a big every evil looking smile. Then said, "I don't care how you get off my island. As long as you do get off of it – now. But you are going to do it without your Floater. That belongs to me now."

     "How do you think we are going to get off of this island without our Floater," said one of the other males who wasn't in charge. "If you really wanted us off this island so bad then you would let us leave – with our Floater."

     "Like I just said I don't care how you leave as long as you leave. When you landed on my island you gave your Floater to me. And you will leave my island. Either you will leave on your own - or I will make you leave."

     The Three males began laughing. "There is no way a female who looks like you can make three grown males do anything," said the male in charge. But the other two were close behind him. They didn't say the same thing but it meant the same thing.


The End?

© Copyright 2015 PureSciFi (spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2063802-You-First-Then-The-World---Part-Two