*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2064012-Calamity
by Aurora
Rated: E · Sample · Tragedy · #2064012
Surviving
She woke up bewildered,with no memory of what had just happened.Her surroundings were haphazard, the frames on the wall were disposistioned ,the entire house was a mess.As she tried to get up she realized that her right leg was numb from the weight of the wooden almari.she cried for help but in vain ,there was not a soul around to rescue her.The earthquake had destroyed everything,Maria was one of the few survivors.Help would definitely come but when? How long would she be trapped under the rubble?would she make it alive before she lost too much blood? Her mind was flooded with these thoughts and she began to lose consciousness.
Maria was the youngest daughter of the sehgul family.Her father was a well known lawyer and her mother was a social worker.she had an older brother and a sister both aspiring doctors.That evening the family gathered for dinner as usual but Alas! Before anyone could make sense of what was happening the house collapsed throwing each of them in different directions.
When maria regained consciousness ,she did not know how long she had passed out for.she had to find the rest of her family she could not just sit there and wait.The desire to save her family overpowered her fears,filled with zest and vigour she tried to set her leg free , echos of her painful cries filled the house but she did not give up.Little by little she was able to set herself free although her leg was scraped and bloody.But that was the least of her worries ,now all she cared about was her family.With renewed strength she stood up .Hope,faith ,belief was all she was left with.That is all she needed.
© Copyright 2015 Aurora (hope3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2064012-Calamity