*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2064042-Finding-my-narrative-voice
by DJ
Rated: 18+ · Preface · Other · #2064042
Rambling thoughts, struggles, hopes and wonders.
Is it not funny how things progress through the years?

At times you feel as though a massive wind is propelling you forward against your will. Time seems to rush along in unison as your confusion fades into compliance. Your life is swept up and before you know it you're living the dream set forth by your parents and loved ones. Transitions happen inside the mind so rapidly that there is no time to clean up the destruction left behind by your psychological restructuring. Survival...social survival.

We must also look at opposing extremes. We must consider the moments when you find yourself hopelessly drudging through quicksand. The air slowly thins, your heart drums like marching band inside your head, your muscles twitch under stress, and your mind seems to drop into a deep fog of confusion. Where is the warmth in this moment? What meaning does it have in the long term? Is this essential to growth...or a sad fact of life? Nature's joke on an organized civilization...maybe it's not so funny anymore.

Would you believe that there is an invisible path that the universe has laid out for us--in concert with nature? Maybe you have traversed this path, where things appear smooth and complete. Remember how your vector was laser sharp and your vision was clearly portrayed. Consult the emotions that bubbled up inside of gut because you were doing something that mattered. Re-live the purity of your psyche in those moments. Take a second to visit that mountain lake you discovered early on that November morning as the sun warmed the sky. Tune into that universal frequency and elevate your humanity. Our future depends on it!
© Copyright 2015 DJ (ded2journey at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2064042-Finding-my-narrative-voice