*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2064265-The-Storm
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #2064265
Finding their destination all depends on the storm they are in the middle of.

The Storm


     It was a dark and stormy night. Rain was coming down hard. So heavy it was hard to see the road in front of him.

     Mickiel gripped the controls of his Transport so tight his knuckles were getting whiter by the second. He was leaning so close to his controls his face was smashed against the front window. His eyes were squinting to see better.

     “Are you sure this is the right way?” Mickiel kept his eye straight ahead.

     Orra was looking at the DataPad in her hands. “According to this it is.”

     “look out!” Orra pointed out the front window. Mickiel looked over at Orra. Then where she was pointed. He was only distracted for only a second. But it was enough for the Transport to almost hit a fallen tree. Luckily, it was a small one. And the Transport floated right over it.

     “Stop doing that.” Mickiel returned to staring out the window. And trying to Control his Transport. “Every time you do that it makes me look at you. Normally that’s not a problem. But tonight it is.”

     “The storm we are in the middle of is almost over for us.” Orra was looking at the DataPad again. “And the hotel we have been trying to find is just beyond that.”

     Orra was right. That storm ended just as suddenly as it began. “That’s weird. I have heard of storms like this one. But I have never been in one before.”

     “I don’t care where it came from. Or why it ended like that. All I care about was our final destination.” Mickiel was leaning back in his chair now. His knuckles were almost back to normal. “And there it is.” He pointed out the window.


The End?


© Copyright 2015 PureSciFi (spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2064265-The-Storm