*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2064319-Personal-Writing-Journey
Rated: E · Assignment · Action/Adventure · #2064319
My first post for my creative writing club.
Some say all good stories start with "Once upon a time..."

I have read many stories over the course of time and let me tell you, I've never met a book I didn't like. Books guide you into other worlds, into the far-off future or the far-away past. You can feel the the hot sun as a character trudges along in a desert, or experience the joyfulness of a first over again. First time riding your bike. First swimming lesson.
With books, there are infinite possibilities, and does it really matter if the journey to another place, another world begins with the words once upon a time?
This has been a debate within me for a long time.
Until I understood. Until I found the key.
I can create my own once upon a time.
Writing. It doesn't just transport you to other worlds, it gives you the ability to create them.

That's why I love writing. That's why I want to have fun with it and get better at it. I have created many worlds of my own, and I don't want to stop there. I want to create more, to fine-tune them and have other people enter into them because at one time or another, everyone needs a book.
© Copyright 2015 Katarina B (katydid13 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2064319-Personal-Writing-Journey