*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2064587-The-Aftermath
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Article · Inspirational · #2064587
A brief update on the current crisis going on in our country.
The Aftermath

11:56, Saturday; April 25th 2015 might not be a good day for any of the Nepalese to remember. We just couldn't do anything do anything against the fierce shaking of Mother Nature. We lost our loved ones, suffered pains, setbacks, and had bad nightmares, cruel times, countless sleepless nights under the night sky. I evaded death and lived to talk about it. I am in no favor of recalling that day, since I experienced trauma of living through Mother Nature's deadliest catastrophes. I tend to forget all the bad times we Nepalese had to pass, but remember few of our courageous deeds, our never ending hope and love toward our own kind. Our bodies were shaken but our hopes were not. We stood side by side one another at the times when we most needed each other. We proved that together, we are strong; together we can build a better future, a better tomorrow.
That same tomorrow which we were so confident about has now become today. We just had started to forget about the past times when we were left helpless and were trying to get our nation back to its feet. We just were picking ourselves up from where Mother Nature had left us. We started with hope to rebuild our nation but soon found that it will take much longer than what we'd thought , we didn't lose our patience and kept marching on along with time. We all know that a beautiful city like Rome wasn't built in a day so wasn't our motherland. In the process of rebuilding our nation, our country's government finally broke its political silence and declared that a new law of the land (constitution) was in making. It didn't seem to be any source of encouragement since we all had heard this sort of false hope before. But at least "False hope is better than no hope at all". At least the government tried to make us believe in them. I was never a kind of person who was interested in politics. But this time around the persuasive power of rumors made me believe in it. Despite the hurdles put on by various agitating parties our government formally promulgated a new Constitution. Despite all the rough times we had in the past, pain that we had to suffer we were given an opportunity to come together and express our happiness on this achievement of our country. Forgetting the past we were able to cope with few changes and celebrate a brief term of happiness with one another. If you'd asked me "What was happiness?" then I would have replied seeing happiness on the faces of my countrymen despite the hardships and setbacks was happiness for me.

"The government promised us that this constitution would change the face of the country as well as its people. But the following morning when I looked myself at the mirror to my surprise I couldn't see any significant changes."

But I really hoped that we'd see our country change in the days to come. This brief happiness soon turned into some serious concerns regarding some border issue with our neighboring country. Soon after the new law of the land was implemented and when we we're just hoping for better things to come there was panic among people regarding the irregular supply of goods, fuel etc from our neighbors. The day to day life was badly affected. The Indian side that has imposed this unofficial blockade by barring essential supplies from entering to Nepal has not only affected the transportation but also hit the hospitals, schools and lives of the Nepalese. No one was expecting such response from the neighboring side at a time when Nepal was yet to recover from the devastating earthquake of April, just before the major festive season and following the promulgation of a new democratic inclusive constitution. We admire their help during the rough times which our country had to pass through but we were not expecting such response during a major transitional period which our country is passing through. We know that there is our mistake too; we are not able to utilize our own natural resources, human resources for alternative energy sources, agriculture and sustainable development. But it doesn't mean that we will never get there. We have already survived one of the Mother Nature's deadliest disasters and are ready to face this blockade too. We have already proved that together we are strong and will be in the days to come.

Now in the present context if you will ask me that same question "What is happiness?" This time the answer would be seeing the Nepalese stand together and fight against such violation of International code of conduct would be happiness not only for me but for each and every one of us. If you're looking for inspiration go no far. You'll find inspiration here in our day to day life. Form the struggles to travel, buy goods, cook food and earn for a living there is a lot of inspiration here. No matter what we are put up against weather it is nature or a blockade we will find a way out of it.

It's an honor being here Nepal, she is our home our heaven and even if she is shaken or blocked upon it is special for us, because it is a place where we get to make a difference and I am just so privileged to do so with all of my countrymen and share this soil with you.

With the help of this I might not be able to change the current situation of my country but will try to bring change inside four walls of a room. I am not trying to bring out any sort to changes but I am just doing the thing that I love to do and eventually hope that the world will change one day.










© Copyright 2015 Nripesh (thisiscro at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2064587-The-Aftermath