*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2064667-Remembering-The-Truth
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Contest Entry · #2064667
A delivery mistake could be the end for Braidon and Michiela - and maybe Ginom too.

Remembering The Truth


     “You don’t remember ordering this?” Michiela held up a too short for her dress.

     “I don’t remember too much since the accident a few months ago.” Braidon looked at the dress. “The only reason I know my name is because you told me.”

     “I’m still not convinced you can’t remember anything.” Michiela through the dress into a Fire Holder. It burned to ashes.

     “Why did you do that. It was probably sent here by mistake. Now we can’t return it.” Braidon rushes over to the Fire Holder.

     “You couldn’t have returned it even if you wanted to. Which I don’t think you did. It’s from a Shop on Global. And Global doesn’t take returns.” Michiela was still very mad. Braidon could see it on her face.

     “Global! I haven’t been on Global in months.” Braidon and Michiela were in their Sleeping Room. He was still by the Fire Holder. She was looking a window now. “I didn’t even know we still had a connection with Global. Didn’t you disconnect that a long time ago?”

     “I did disconnect it from home. And it still isn’t – unless you reconnected it.” Michiela turned back to look at Braidon. The fire in her eyes was almost as big as the one in the Fire Holder.

     “Don’t look at me like that.” The flame in her eyes was getting bigger by the second. “I haven’t reconnected anything. If it has been reconnected, it wasn’t me.”

     “There’s one way to find out.” Michiela goes over to the Data Monitor. As soon as she started punching button on the Control Panel in front of it the Data Monitor comes on.

     It only takes a few seconds before Michiela had her answers. “No one is on Global at the moment.” She looked at Braidon. “But we have been reconnected.”

     “Not by me we haven’t.” Braidon was standing behind Michiela looking over her shoulder at the Data Monitor. “When did we get reconnected?”

     Michiela hit a few more buttons. And about a minute later they had their answer. “It started back up a couple of months ago.”

     “That proves I didn’t do it. I was on a Cargo Transport a couple of months ago.” Michiela could almost hear Braidon sigh of releif.

     “You could still have done it – by remote.” Michiela looked up at Braidon with that evil in her eyes. “It was done with your Credit Approval.”

     “I didn’t do it. At least I don’t remember doing it. If I did I forgot it.” Braidon was acting very guilty about something. Michiela could see it in his actions.

     “I’m still not convinced you can’t remember. According to Medical, and your Mind Master, there’s no reason they can find for you not remembering.” Michiela looked at the ashes. “I think you do remember. You just don’t want to admit it.”

     Braidon was a Cargo Transporter. He traveled within a ten city radius every couple of months. And according to Michiela he had a Lover in each one of them. She was sure he ordered that Dress for one of them. But it wasn’t supposed to be delivered to their house.

<<*>>*<<*>>

     It was several hours later. And Braidon and Michiela was in their Sleeper. But they weren’t sleeping. “What do I have to do to convince you that I’m not responsible for that delivery mistake?” Braidon and Michiela were back to back. Their usual sleeping positions.

     “There is nothing you can say – or do. All you can do is admit to it. And you aren’t going to do that.” Michiela was completely naked. It was her way of getting back at Braidon.

     Suddenly a loud beep comes from the Data Monitor. “I thought you turned that off.”

     “Is there a reason you wanted me to turn if off? Maybe one of your Lovers trying to get in touch with you.” Michiela gets up. And went over to the Data Monitor.

     “I don’t have any Lovers. And if I did I wouldn’t let them contact me at my house. Not with you and our three children here.” Braidon was right behind Michiela again. He was also naked. But he always slept naked.

     Michiela hit a button on the Data Monitor. And she was shocked at what she was looking at. So was Braidon. They now knew who was behind the Global delivery. A few minutes later they were in their thirteen-year-old son’s Sleeping Room. They didn’t even bother to knock.

     “What are you doing in here?” Ginom was seated in front of his Data Monitor.

     “We know what you have been doing.” Braidon and Michiela walked up to Ginom. Ginom quickly turned off his Data Monitor. “You don’t need to do that. We saw what was on your Data Monitor.”

     “It’s not what you think. I wasn’t looking at, for, sex – I was looking for girls about my age. The girls my age won’t let me look at them.” Ginom was looking right at Braidon and Michiela. He wasn’t even trying to hide anything.

     “We’re not talking about that. We will talk about that later. What we want to know is why you ordered that dress.” Michiela had her arms crossed. Ginom knew that meant she was angry.

     “It was a mistake. That girl on was so beautiful. I wanted to see more. So I selected her. But instead of seeing more of her I ordered the dress. I tried to cancel it. And I thought I did. But I didn’t.” Ginom looked at his father with a big smile on his face. His mother didn’t see it.

<<*>>*<<*>>

     Braidon was in the Communication Room at their house. “The dress was delivered here by mistake. Don’t worry. My son lied for me.”

     Michiela was right outside the Communications Room. But it was Voice Tight. Which meant she couldn’t hear what was being said. “I wonder which one it is. The next time there is an ‘accident’ he’s not going to walk away from it.”


The End?










© Copyright 2015 PureSciFi (spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2064667-Remembering-The-Truth