*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2065004-The-wife-beater
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Experience · #2065004
This is a fiction character based on the excuses I heard given in counseling sessions.
 The wife beater  (18+)
This is a fiction character based on the excuses I heard given in counseling sessions.
#2065004 by Chris Breva


Tom Sat quietly for a minute as the counselor confronted him for beating his weife.

"You don't understand" he said. "I wouldn't do it if she didn't constantly nag at me. She's always provoking me. She's also the laziest woman God ever put breath in. If I'd let her she'd watch television all day. I have to beg her to cook at night. I come home tired from working and the old woman is laid up on the couch. There's nothing cooked. Then when I ask her to cook she starts complaining and hitching. The house always looks like a cyclone went through it followed by a bomb blast. If she'd get off her ass I wouldn't get angry."

You're allowed to get angry" the counselor replied. "You wouldn't be human if you didn't. What you aren't allowed to do is become violent."

"I'm telling you that if you lived with her you'd hit her too", Tom replied. "Besides a woman's place is in the home taking care of her husband and children. My wife was raised to believe that as well. She deserves whatever she gets."

"Nobody deserves to be beaten" the counselor responded. You nearly killed her last time. One of these days you'll succeed. I'm going to recommend that the judge throw the book at you. I'm also going to recommend that Karen move out while you're in here and that she file for divorce."

"You can't do that" Tom cried. "You're my counselor. You have to do what is in my best interest."

"No. I'm a counselor hired by the state to evaluate you and make recommendations. Those are my recommendations."

"I'll kill you" Tom replied. "If I wasn't shackled to this table I'd kill you where you sit. You're just like that thing I'm married too."

The counselor walked out leaving Tom to rant and rave.

311 words
© Copyright 2015 Chris Breva (marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2065004-The-wife-beater