*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2065037-Sams-dog-summer
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Benjy
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #2065037
Sam spends the summer as a dog
“Sam, What do you want to do for the summer?” his mom asked. It was the last week of his sophomore year in high school, and sam wasn’t interested in any of the typical summer programs. “Mom, I want to spend the summer as a dog. Your dog.” he replied. “What?!?!” his mom could not believe her ears. “I’ve always loved dogs, and want to see what it would be like to be one. Besides, all of my friends will be gone and camp is so boring. “ he told her. Sam’s mom thought for a moment. Did he really want to do this? is he just testing me? “if you really want to do this you must remain naked the whole vacation, eat out of a dog bowl sleep on a dog bed use the bathroom outside like a dog obey my commands and no t.v. movies or video games.” she offered. She figured he would never agree with the inclusion of no tav. and video games, but he responded, “Fine, lets do it.”

A couple of days later Sam's mom took him to the pet store to pick out his collar, leash, bowl, and toys. “Are you sure you want to do this?” She asked him. “Never more so” he replied. He looked carefully knowing the collar would be the only thing he would be wearing for the next few months. He hoped it would be a warm summer. Sam picked out a collar and leash combo with a patriotic motif. It was red white and blue and covered in flags. He picked out a shiny metal bowl, which his mom had engraved with his name. They picked out some squeaky toys, rawhide chews, and a big bag of dry dog food. Mom picked out a dog house for rainy days. Before they left sam had an ID tag made with his name on it for his collar.

While sam was at school for his last day of 10th grade, his mother had a privacy fence installed around their backyard, and found a nice shady spot for the dog house. When Sam walked in from school he headed straight to his room. He found all of his clothes boxed up and a dog bed in the middle of the floor. All of his other furniture was gone. “Good you’re home.” his mom greeted him. “Strip!” she ordered. “But I have to go to the bathroom” he protested. “After you’re naked and outside Dog” she told him. Sam remembered the agreement and quickly stripped off his shirt, pants, shoes, and socks. He hesitated about his underwear, but shed that too after a moment. His mom looked him up and down, this was the first time she’d seen him totally naked for a long time. She snapped the collar around his neck and led him out the back door. “ Your toilet awaits.” she announced.

While sam was exploring the backyard, his mom scooped his clothes up and locked them away. “Well this saves on a summer wardrobe” she thought. Sam walked around the yard for a while enjoying the breeze on his bare skin and penis. Soon the urge to pee hit him and he decided to pee where he was standing. it felt strange to be peeing in the yard and yet somehow liberating. he decided to checkout his dog house next. He found it was just roomy enough for him to lie down in. Next to the dog house was a bowl of water. he stuck his head in and tried to drink. it took a lot more effort than he thought it would.

After lounging in the sun for a while his mom called him for dinner. “Come sam, Dinner, Good Boy!” sam got up and ran into the house as fast as he could. The instant he walked in the door he could smell the steak and french fries that his mother had cooked. He was starving. She led him to the kitchen and said “Here’s your diner”. and showed him to a bowl of dry dog food. The dog food nuggets were a huge let down after smelling the steak. The dog food tasted awful, but it was all he was fed so he ate it anyway. “Lets see how long he keeps this up” thought his mom as she watched him over her steak.

Sam spent the rest of the evening lying on the floor of the living room as his mother watched CSI, as dogs aren’t allowed on the furniture. Secretly his mom thought this was a strange way for her son to want to spend his summer, but enjoyed seeing him completely helpless and dependent on her. She decided to put him out one last time before putting him to bed. This time sam had to do both so he ended up squatting on the lawn. When he came back in, she led him up to his dog bed and left him there for the evening. As she tucked herself into bed, she thought mabey this wont be so bad after all. Sam certainly seemed to be enjoying it.

It took sam a while to fall asleep, partly from newness of the bed, but also due to the giddiness of the whole situation. He had never expected his mother to agree to it. Sam Slept in, and when he got up he remembered the best dreams he had ever had. He also had the biggest erection he had ever had. He waited for it to go down, but he had to go to the bathroom so he found his mom to let him out. She looked at his erection and smiled as she opened the door. She watched him from the dining room window, and saw that he had no embarrassment about being naked, or using the yard as a toilet.

After finishing her breakfast Sam's mom took a tennis ball out with her and asked sam if he wanted to play fetch. He nodded his assent, so she threw the ball. Sam ran after it. when he reached it he reached down to pick it up and his mother said “Not like that, dogs pick them up with their mouths.” Sam instantly bent down and scooped up the ball in his mouth. He carried it back to his mom. They continued to play this way for an hour. She noticed that he started panting. That was a nice touch. She couldn’t help but stare at her sweat covered son as he chased the ball across the yard. After a hard morning of play, Mom brought him in for lunch and watched as he ate. “You know, if you’re going to be a dog, you should be walking on all fours.”. “OK mom, whatever you say.” he replied and dropped to his knees.

They played most of the rest of the weekend and mom petted Sams back enjoying him more as her pet than her son. When the week started Sam’s mom had to go back to work so sam was told he would be spending the day outside. It was nice and sunny so sam was thrilled. He gulped down his breakfast that morning and ran out the door to explore the back yard. Work was boring that day, and when she got home she found sam sunning himself in the yard. Sam had hardly noticed the passage of time, he had been chasing birds and the occasional squirrel and had thought that this was how he should be spending his his life, not sitting in a boring classroom. She walked out and patted him on the stomach, and led him inside. She fed sam a special treat of beef with his dog food which he lapped right up.

As the weeks progressed Sams mom noticed that he seemed to be taking to this dog thing better that she thought he would. If anything he almost seemed to be acting more lilac a dog than a boy with each passing day. Mom was a little concerned, but found herself liking the way he was acting and wishing she could keep him this way forever. Sams mom did some research and found places where people enjoyed acting like animals and found there was a vet in her area who sometimes saw people like that. She decided to make and appointment for sam for the weekend.

The vet agreed to see them, but only late at night when the office was closed for his “regular” clients. Sams mom found a robe and made him put it on for the ride even though he resisted. “I’m a dog” sam thought. “Dogs don’t wear clothes.” the instant they were in the office sam shed the robe and licked the vet. He did a full examination, and declared that Sam was fit and asked his mom if she wanted to have him vaccinated. “I sure do. I would also like to have him microchipped in case he ever gets loose.” She replied. “Of course, just fill out this paperwork” said the vet and handed her a stack of forms. While sams mom was filling them out the vet filled several syringes and proceeded to inject sam with the fluids. He whined a little but took them well. “Good Dog!” the vet praised him. “He’ll be a little sore for a couple days but should be all right. Here are you rabies tag and a tag for the id chip.” “Thanks. now I can get a license for him.” Sams mom told the vet. Sam sat on his haunches on the exam room floor and found he only vaguely understood what they were talking about. Something told him he should understand more, but he knew his mother only wanted what was best for him so he didn’t let it worry him. “Would you like to have him neutered?” the vet asked. Sams mom thought for a few minuets, but then decided “Not yet, thanks.” “Ok, lets settle up the bill and get a copy of the records for you.” the vet said. Mom paid and tried to get sam to wear the robe to the car. He refused and since it was dark his mom just let him walk to the car in all his naked glory, hoping no one would see them.






The drive home from the vet was peaceful, as it was late and not many cars were on the road. Sam’s mom (Owner?) reflected back on how the summer had played out so far. She had enjoyed talking and spending time with sam, but he had always spent most of his time watching tv or playing video games. Although they no longer spoke (everyone knows dogs don’t talk) Sam was spending more time with his mom and they seemed to be connecting in ways they never had before. She looked in the rearview mirror and saw sam sleeping on the back seat of the car. His legs were waving like he was running and he was moving his rear as if he had a wagging tail.

Then next morning Sams mom got a call from one of her friends that he was going out of town and wanted someone to watch his dog. Sam was sitting on the floor staring up at her with his tongue hanging out of his mouth. “Would you like a friend to play with?” She asked him. “woof woof woof” he replied. She told her friend she would love to watch his dog and he could drop it off before he left. When Ryan dropped off Fangs, Sam was still in the backyard. “I hope he doesn't give you any trouble this week. Just feed him and let him out and everything should be great.” He instructed. “have a great trip” Sams mom told him. After he left she brought sam in and let them greet each other. They sniffed and licked at each other. Sams mom couldn’t tell the difference between the dog and her sons behavior. The two spent most of the week chasing each other around the yard, rolling in the mud and even shared a rawhide chew before heading off to dinner. When sams mom saw them covered in mud, she had to hose them down before she would let them into the house.

When Ryan picked up fangs the next morning, Sams mom decided to confide in him as they had been flirting across the fence for months. “Sam told me he wanted to spend the summer as my dog. I could hardly believe my ears when he said it. I thought he was crazy, but he’s taken to it like a fish to water.” “That's odd, but why are you telling me this?” Ryan wondered. “We’ll I’m going to have to go to a conference for work, that I can’t get out of. Would you mind watching him for a while?” She asked. He readily agreed since she had watched fangs for him and they had gotten along so well.

Sams mom dropped him off early the next morning so she could catch her flight. Ryan took one look at Sam and smiled. “I’ve got big plans for you this week.” Ryan spent the next few hours watching Sam to see how far he had taken to his new roll as a dog. Sams behavior was almost exactly what you would expect to see from an average dog. He tried to talk to him but anything more than basic commands were met with a puzzled look. “Good“ Ryan thought. “His mom will be pleased when she gets him back.”

Sams sleep was uneasy and he awoke feeling tired. when Ryan greeted him in the morning he sensed that something was different. “So you want to be a dog do you?!?” he asked. “your vet and I have been talking, and we have an appointment set up for you. I think you’ll like the results.” The vet was normally closed on sundays but had come in early to set up for the special procedures that Ryan had requested. “You’re sure you have the ok to do this?” the vet asked. “yep heres the form” Ryan produced a form on which he had forged Sams moms signature. “Very well, I’ll get started in a few minuets. let me set up a few last things.” Ryan had requested that the vet remove most of his fingers and thumbs, neuter him, and attempt to graft a tail unto him. This first round of surgeries would produce a dramatic result and make sam feel more like a dog he was becoming.

“The surgeries went well, and you can take him home in a few hours. I suggest you set a place where he can sleep in a comfortable position for the next few days. If he takes well to this, we can do the next round in a few days once hes had time to heal.” the vet instructed Ryan. He also handed him some bottles of pills for the pain and to prevent an infection. When Ryan finally took sam home, he was still groggy from the anastesia and was heavily bandaged around his waist and hands. Ryan could see a long furry tail sticking out from under the bandages. “The perfect touch” He thought to himself. It would be several days before the bandages would come off and he could see how well the surgeries went, but so far Ryan was pleased.



When sam came to, he knew something was different but he couldn’t quite put his finger on it. The vet had given him enough pain killer that he had a nice buzz. The vet had also decided to forgo the typical lampshade collar, as sams teeth weren’t sharp enough to damage any of the incision sites.

Ryan walked into the room to refill the food and water dishes that sam and fangs had been sharing, and when he saw that sam was awake, he smiled. “Glad to see you’re finally up” he said. Sam Tried a wag and felt something flopping against the floor. Looking around he saw a tail swishing weakly behind him. Something in his mind said “But I don’t have a tail?”. When sam tried to rise he felt a jolt of pain in his hands- no now definitely paws. He looked down and saw they were very different than he remembered them. Sam realized he was very hungry and gingerly maneuvered himself the few steps to the food dish. He was happy to see the softer moist food instead of his normal dryer fare. He ate as much as he could than he drained the water dish.

Ryan was pleased to see him eating, But was distressed because he had hoped to get one more surgery done to sams hind legs to make it easier for him him to walk and some facial surgery in an attempt to give him a snout. Sams recovery had taken longer than expected and his mother was due back soon. Ryan wondered how she would react to the changes. He felt that she would have some trouble accepting them, but knew that he could sweet talk her into accepting them. He had been watching them since they moved into the neighborhood, and had gotten to know both in ways most people never do. He had only recently started flirting with Sams mom in an effort to get himself into their lives. This twist had been exactly what he had been waiting for. He had known of sams request long before he had asked for dog sitting help. He had parked his car in the airport lot and caught a cab home. It was fairly expensive, but well worth it. Ryan had hastened the mental transformation with hypnotic suggestion, which sam had proved very susceptible to, but the majority of the change had been done by sam himself. This was truly the way he felt he should be though sam would never have been able to put it into words on his own.

Sam grew stronger over the next couple of days and when the bandages were fully removed he seemed to be able to move without pain. His tail still seemed kind of weak but he was gaining control quickly. Ryan made sure sam was clean and neat in preparation for his mom to pick him up. When she saw him she nearly fainted. When she left she had left her son, and was now picking up some strange cross between the man and dog. Secretly she had hoped to keep him this way, but she was not prepared to take such drastic steps. “What have you done to him?!??” she demanded. Ryan replied “I have only helped him become what he was truly destined to be.” Sams mom was furious that she had not been consulted, but was not upset with the results. “now I can keep him with me forever” she thought. She had already started selling off his clothes and stuff and had made a tidy sum.

Acting as indignant as possible, she grabbed sam and dragged him home. She wasn’t thinking too clearly and didn’t care if anyone saw them. Ryan was smart enough not to try to stop her or follow. “Give her a day or two, and she’ll see that this was a change for the better.” he thought to himself. He watched carefully through the window of his house to be sure they would be all right.

Sams mom considered her possible courses of action over the next few days. While she was sitting in the chair, sam came over and put his head in her lap. He let out a small whine to get her attention, and she soon found herself scratching his head and petting him. There was no way Sam could return to school. It was due to start in a few days, so she would have to withdraw him. She hoped she would not have to explain too much, mabey just home schooling would be a good explanation. What was she going to do about Ryan? She was still mad, but she was deeply attracted to him. Whenever she tried to complain to him she fell under his spell and just started agreeing to whatever he wanted.

Before she knew it, she had withdrawn sam for school (the classes were over crowded already and the staff seemed happy to have one less student to worry about. Sams mom and Ryan had also scheduled sam in for his second round of surgeries since he was already half way through. Ryan had even convinced her to let him move in to “help take care of sam after the surgeries.”

Sams recovery seemed to go much quicker this time with both of them nursing him back to health. He took to the leg modifications like a fish to water. He seemed to move around more easily and had less trouble with things getting in the way when he relieved himself. The vet had proven him self to be a prodigy with how smoothly everything went, and how few scars and how small they were. As she watched him running through the yard with fangs playing, she was happy that she had decided to go forward.

Once the surgeries were complete sam could almost be mistaken for a normal dog. There was still a problem with giving him a coat of fur, but he had a nice snout, and with a few modifications his tongue hung out. The vet had warned that he would have to learn how to talk again, but sam hadn’t said anything but “Woof Woof” since the summer started. He now had control over his tail and could wag it as well as any other dog. He and fangs had become great friends, almost like they were from the same litter. Behaviorally Sam was now fully canine. There was no human left and sam seemed quite happy with his new life.

As the weather stared to turn colder sam spent much more time inside with his two masters and friend. Life could not be better, Sams mom thought and had convinced herself that Ryan's ideas and surgeries were for the best for sam. She was impressed with the results. and knew that this was how things should be. They finished getting rid of all of sams human stuff and used the money to pay off all of her bills. This gave her and Ryan more time to spend together.

Ryan turned his attention to sams mom, and thought “I wonder how she would like to be a dog?”
© Copyright 2015 Benjy (ben243 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2065037-Sams-dog-summer