*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2065092-An-Incident-in-the-Night
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Drama · #2065092
A short piece, this was a challenge to write a themed piece within a word count.
Driving down the motorway at 3am. So peaceful but always with an edge of something eerie. Dan tried his best to focus on the road but he couldn't shake the feeling something was wrong.
As he pulled up near a petrol station he decided to stop for fuel and to stretch his legs. As he was using the pump, he looked into the rear passenger seat. His spine froze and his breath caught in his chest. A figure sat up in the back seat and smiled at his ghostly visage. He let out a scream of almost animal proportions and fell to the floor. Her gaunt face in the window with empty eyes. He had only just finished laying her to rest that day.
As his vision faded, he heard her get out of the car. She whispered in his ear; "Forever my love. Join me."


© Copyright 2015 Seryna Elmanis (queenofemana at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2065092-An-Incident-in-the-Night