*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2065298-THE-INSTRUMENT-OF-ANDRE-SEGOVIA
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Comedy · #2065298
A humorous instruction manual.
The instrument of Segovia is in accordance to the given definition and is arranged in the group of frets in a way that the strings on the neck (to be precise, the last ones from the right) will coincide with the circular tabs. When tuning is achieved, the strings that are falling on the square frets, taken in order, will form a piece by Perez.

After having it performed by an amateur, you would have to transcribe into the corresponding spaces, the notes added by mistake during the same performance; then, by playing the pair of sounds that will appear at the numbers on the neck, you'll find others in relation to the ones played earlier, but in harmony. These new notes, in their order, will provide only the title of another musical tune.

To complete this tune, please arrange all the “A's” and the “B's”(all flats) in place of the dots on the neck so to obtain 18 sounds alike; then, mix in groups of three, all the notes listed in the A Major scale in alphabetical order, thus rebuilding 7 musical phrases that will be played on their respective strings.

Now...the frets, just like you find them, are separating the various notes; please deposit only the single notes (found based on the chords previously given), into the tiny channels indicated by the double-dots on the frets of the neck; you will obtain a suggestion for the harmonics.

Some of the notes (identifiable by the number of tones and semitones), have to be transcribed into the stave by inserting them in groups of two or more in the same space depending on the intersections. Such groups of notes, in order, will replace the value of the notes that follow with the given tonality. If you could not find any connection between the notes now played, start from the sound indicated by the arrow; quickly get to the one contained at the center of the neck, subsequently eliminating all of the notes included in it, obeying the following rules:
1) The note can be a homophonic of the one that comes before.
2) It can be obtained by adding or taking away or maybe by changing a flat or a sharp from the note ahead.
3) It can be found side by side with another note in a well known piece or symphony.
4) It can form, together with the previous ones, a theme of a famous piece or it's first bars.
P.S. Just remember that the instrument of Andres Segovia is targeted to the most skillful performer.
© Copyright 2015 Massimo (masfusion at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2065298-THE-INSTRUMENT-OF-ANDRE-SEGOVIA