*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2067425-A-story-by-the-fire
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Dark · #2067425
The Storyteller tells a handful of young ones a dark and terrifying story by the campfire.
Shall I tell you a story? Oh, don't worry, it's not a terribly long one. Listen now to my voice, to the crackling of the fire, the whispers of the night, as the Storyteller spins a tale for you.

On the outskirts of the universe, in the deepest trenches of time and space, there live creatures that you and I can scarcely understand, let alone see or hear. Some of these creatures have no name, no face, and no identity, others lack even the basest of communication, by their choice. Tonight, the Storyteller tells you of Stagthos Al'umiin, a creature who lives within the gaps of time and space, and who is older than anything you or I have ever known. His species has no name, so they are lumped in with a type of magical creature called a Shapechanger.

Shapechangers, across the cosmos, are simply beings who can change their form at will, sometimes even their gender. Stagthos is a special case, like his entire race... He can change everything, for he has no shape, no form of his own. An empty, wandering mist among the stars, he seeks only for his next hunt. Beware, little ones; for he is that which goes bump in the night. The only thing this spirit knows, the only thing it wants is freedom. Should you grow up and enslave the will of another, he will rip open a hole in time and space for you and you alone. Hungry, he will come through the void, the endless blackness of space, and hunt for you... Beware, little children. Beware the spirit of Rage.
© Copyright 2015 Michael Roeing (michaeljroeing at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2067425-A-story-by-the-fire