*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2067576-When-we-align
Rated: E · Short Story · Educational · #2067576
Love/Hate personification. How ever can we get things done?
“I am love.”

Whatever. I am HATE. I hate this ritual. I hate it that we do this every time.

“I am Love…”

You said that already. You know I hate it when you repeat yourself. You are always repeating yourself! And you tell them idiots to do good things, be friendly, but I say who needs them. Mine! You are Love; you have to love me so I am right. Right?

“I am Love.”

And another thing, I hate it when I am dominating. The conversations are so dull. Why don’t you just get out so I can just talk to myself? Guess I would hate that too. I hate being in all things. I hate telling the things to be their self, for their self. You keep whispering to them to do good things and when those things listen to you I can hardly say a thing! Oh, I hate that even more! Most times I can say what I want to them, when I want. This means I win, as it should mean. Heck, even when I don’t win at the moment, I will soon. Hate always wins out; I always win out. What do YOU think?

“I am Love…”

Ya, that is about enough of that. Them things are so stupid thinking they have a soul other than us, right luv? Never mind. If there was such a thing I would know about it because I would hate it and I don’t hate it so it can’t be real. Right? Course, it isn’t any easier in them dumb animals. They just bounce back and forth between us until we both seem awful muffled. My food, my territory. Trespassers, grrrrrr! This is my air, my water. Even when I procreate it is because it is ‘my’ mate! Perhaps you mistake greed for Hate? I am Hate. I hate. Since when is anything pure? Haven’t you learned anything? You always say the opposite of me and that seems the only thing certain. I can almost not hate that, almost. Well, that and everywhere I go you go. When I am in a blade of grass Hating being stuck in the soil, you poke in and love the light, or some such stupid thing. You listening? Cause I hate it when you don’t listen. Not listening to me is the stupidest thing you can…

“I am Love.”

And I hate it when you interrupt like that! Love may make the water flow, but I hate getting wet! What is that? Food? Oh, phooey! I…

I am Hate.

“I am love and I think it is great we are together. We have such wonderful times and though conversations with you are wonderfully short, the words we speak tell so much, offers so much to the realm of understanding that I can barely hold it all in!

“I love the things that nurture. I love all things that don’t. I even love that you think everything is Love/Hate. I love the things I cannot know. I love that there might be a better atmosphere on the other side and I have this thought to wiggle out. Don’t you hate being stuck here?”

Word count 531
Written for:
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2063042 by Not Available.

© Copyright 2015 Jimminycritic (jimminycritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2067576-When-we-align