*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2067722-Parallel-Universe-Entry-12-7-15-Promt-2
Rated: E · Short Story · Holiday · #2067722
A contest entry
 Parallel Universe Entry 12-7-15 Promt 2  (E)
A contest entry
#2067722 by Chris Breva

Jimmy looked forward to receiving his new sweater from his mother. He had specifically told her that he wanted the sweater he had saw in a department store window. It had to be the ugliest sweater in the universe! It was green and red plaid with a big reindeer on the front. His mother knew that he loved ugly sweaters and he was certain she'd get it for him.
Christmas morning came and Jimmy rushed to the tree. He found his box under the tree and carried it to the couch. The box appeared very large for a sweater box but Jimmy was still sure that he was getting a sweater. So he quickly tore the package open and revealed an X-box inside!
"Mom" Jimmy complained. "What am i suppose to do with an X-box? You know I don't like video games!"
"Jimmy it's time you start using some imagination" his mom replied. "I know you wanted a sweater but sweaters seem so dull. I want t see you have some fun!"
"I do have fun" Jimmy replied. "I have fun every time I count my sweaters. I also have fun every time I wear an ugly sweater and see somebody shocked by it. I have fun when my friends tease me about the ugly sweaters I wear. I especially have fun when I win an "ugly sweater" contest."
"I'll buy your sweater when the store opens for its after Christmas sale" his mom answered.

245 words
21 lines
© Copyright 2015 Chris Breva (marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2067722-Parallel-Universe-Entry-12-7-15-Promt-2