*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2068587-Dear-Children-of-Korm---The-Letter
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Sci-fi · #2068587
Santa writes a letter to the children on the planet of Korm.

Dear Children of Korm:

I am writing to you today to tell you I am very disappointed in most of you. Every year for the past five thousand years I have been giving you toys and gift for your Holiday Festival. But in the last one hundred years or so more and more of you have been becoming naughty. I don’t give to bad children.

If it was just that I wouldn’t be so upset. There are a lot of you that are still good. And this letter isn’t really meant for you. But I have been told that I have to give this letter to every child on Korm. It doesn’t matter if it’s one or a hundred in a household everyone gets one. If you are one of the good ones, you can just throw away this letter. But if are a naughty one you need to read on.

After what happened last year I really consider cancelling the Gift Giving this year. The only reason why I probably won’t be doing it is because of the good boys and girls. It doesn’t mean I could still do it to the naughty ones. I usually give everyone something each year – even the bad children. But it’s always something they don’t want like cloths. This year they might not even get that. It’s all up to them.

There is still a couple of months before the Holiday Festival begins. If you can show me that you are nice now, then I will put you back on The Good List. And if you can’t then there is no one to blame but you.

I don’t mind a little disbelief in me. That happens to everyone as they grow up. It doesn’t mean they are right. All it means is that they no longer need me. What makes me so mad is that you are telling the other children that I don’t. And it’s the way that you told them too. You went on World Wide Media and said it. It went into every house and business with a Media Connection, which is pretty much everyone nowadays, and told them what you believe is the truth.

They claim I can’t be real because I couldn’t have lived for that long. But that isn’t true. You can live that long if you are Frozen in Time. Only to be unfrozen for one night each year. My Helpers change over the years, and they work year round on toys and gifts, but I only work one day a year.

Another claim against me is that I could get to nine billion children in one night. That also isn’t true. It can be done if you use the Time Doors that surround all planets. Each door leads to a different part of the planet. You just have to know sequence of doors you need to go through to do it.

The only thing I have ever wished from you to me is for you to be good boys and girls. Can you all do that for me? I hope you can. You only have a few months to prove it.

Don’t believe those naughty children who don’t think I exist anymore. I do exist.

                                                    Have a Happy Holiday,



                                                                    Santa




The Word Count, including this line, is 553.

© Copyright 2015 PureSciFi (spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2068587-Dear-Children-of-Korm---The-Letter