*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2068598-My-Crazy-Life
Rated: E · Monologue · Family · #2068598
a brief overview of my days leading up to Christmas
Being a single mom working 40+ hours a week doesn't afford me much time to spend with my boys. I cherish every second I get to see them and interact with them. Day in and day out, my brother and dad take turns watching them while I am at work. Working for a dealership that is closed only one day a week, doesn't afford me much time to shop for Christmas so I make due during my lunch breaks.

Two of my boys have birthdays during the Holiday season. My oldest turned 4 right around Thanksgiving and my middle child turned 3 today. My other one will be a year old in February. The man of my dreams has expressed his wish to spend the rest of his life with me and help me raise the two of my boys that aren't his. He really is the best man in the world.

I'm not really sure what to get my dad because he has developed the mentality that if he needs something, he will go buy it. He also told me he's not expecting anything this year, nor is he planning on getting much if anything at all for anybody. I find it sad that he's taken on this Bah-Humbug attitude.

I bought my brother a new pillow and blanket because he really needs them. I also found a Sega Genesis console with like 70 games built in but it also has a slot for other games that aren't already included. I really hope it works with the tv I have. *Delight*

I'm considering getting my boys some Legos but before I do that, I'm going to donate a lot of their toys that they don't play with anymore.

I have one more paycheck coming before Christmas next week and I plan on using that for more Christmas presents.
© Copyright 2015 ms.shellie (shellie.mcneil at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2068598-My-Crazy-Life