*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2069109-Internal-Affliction
by J-rod
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #2069109
A creature that feasts upon lost souls has found another victim. A girl named Hope Summers
A darkness descended on the once exuberant eyes of my loved one. Her life was draining before me, into an ever heartless soul. Her facial features taunted me, with sunken cheek bones and a look of awe on her gaping leathery lips as she screamed. She didn't see it coming, she could have never guessed the one she has been with for all these years was a monster of infallible makings. My kind take our time in toying with our prey.

It all began with a gentle nudge in the right direction. We met at a bar, somewhere in the backwoods of Oklahoma. See, bars are where the incompetent and intoxicated humans make quick pitiful work of their alcohol. They wallow in their past endeavors and that makes them mentally weak. The girl I feasted upon fell into this category.

She had just been through a tough loss, a close family member had passed away. I couldn't help but smell the lovely aroma of rage, misery, agony; all the negative radiating from her body as she talked away. I was lusting for a taste of her essence.

This girl, they call Hope Summers, is incredibly beautiful by human standards. Wavy blond sun kissed hair, olive colored skin, and the curves of a true goddess. She was almost too perfect to pass up. Just almost.

When we left the bar she was too hungover to drive, less walk. So naturally, she had her friend drive her to her apartment to get some rest and I followed. They laid her down on the old couch; sinking in the middle from the many previous visitors.

That night. That long grueling night of indescribable discipline was spent watching over the girl. I watched the dimmest of lights beat off of her neck. I watched the movement of shadows in the midnight as they pranced across the slithers of light. I watched all the evil beings of the dark circle around a supreme ebony figure. The figure of my true form.

A smirk crept across my tapered face. This girl would find comfort in me. She would wake in the morning with the Ill content that I have saved her from a rather broken hearted and lonely night. I would feed into those lies. "You're not alone" I would say "find comfort in me" a whisper into her ear. I was going to control her every being. She would become my puppet and I, the master, with strings hooked into her flesh. From now on she really won't be alone, just a mindless meat bag controlled by a wicked ravenous monster.

I stayed with this girl for many years. In the beginning she was a joyful figure, full of life from finding a new companion to fill the void of her last one. She would introduce me to all of her friends in a cheerful manner, though the cheers were not returned. Her friends looked at me with a fear and at first, outrageous attempts of taking her away from me. I couldn't have that!

She was my vessel and no one could take her from my firm grip. Slowly, ever so slowly, she slipped into deep depression. She had only me and I, only her. Everyday her routine was the same. She would lie in bed staring at the ceiling with glassy eyes. This was until she had the courage to the look into the mirror where she would meet my stony glare. She didn't enjoy this, but I made games of it. What face could I make next? What inhuman shape can I deform to? These were tasks I found quite enjoyable.

One day everything started to fall to pieces, crumbling into the carpet with the flying shards of the mirror. She had thrown it away from her this time and I couldn't figure out why.

Then she left.

I don't understand why she left me! Where did she go! I was enraged beyond compassion. I was hungry for the taste of deep rooted agony. I was going to force every ounce of strength from her writhing body.

It seems she has went to see someone for help. The doctor gave her special pills that were suppose to get rid of me. I didn't believe it at first, but the proof is undeniable now. I'm slowly fading, leaving her mind as fast as I came and no matter how hard I try, she is pushing me back, pinning me to corner of her mind, making me scream the same torturous words that she had once spoken.

It has finally happened. I am writing these last words as I slip away into the dust. She will always remember me for what I was and what I did to her, but one thing will always stand out. The darkened veil was unraveled, showing the desires and contents of crippling evil and Hope has triumphed.
© Copyright 2015 J-rod (digger63 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2069109-Internal-Affliction