*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2069465-Captive-Love
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Sci-fi · #2069465
An artist , captured for a zoo on another planet , finds out he is going to be a father

















ItHeShe told me today that we are going to be parents.That is very surprising since I was assured it could not happen in captivity.
We clung to each other out of loneliness for our home worlds and sought comfort in the closeness. ItHeShe sent me a telepathic message early on saying in essence,"Don't worry, my species only produces offspring when we choose to do so."
ItHeShe uses non verbal communication with me because we are almost always monitored in some way.

This evening after closing time,ItHeShe waited until the compound was closed off from the tourists. I watched as my companion climbed up and hung upside down from the overhead bars. This was a sure sign of an internal struggle.
"What is it ,Beloved?" I queried,"Are you ill?"
Pale purple tears fell from lovely eyes and I heard in my mind,"Oh,Dear One,I fear I have fallen in love with you and this was a subliminal signal for offspring to be produced.It must be because this kind of connection has never happened before."
I reached up and grabbed hold of all the hands hanging down above me and said,"Never fear my dear,our progeny will be well cared for here".
"Oh how poetic," I heard, "You are not only an artist but also a poet. No wonder they wanted you for their collection."
I glanced around at all my paintings on the walls of our compound and smiled with pride."Ah but it is your solidified music that always brings them back.When they can reach out and snatch notes from the air for souvenirs straight out of the horse's mouth so to speak, well it thrills them all."
ItHeShe Laughed sweetly and dropped down in front of me for a hug." Oh Darling," I gushed," I am really happy about this, can't you try to be happy also?"

My Beloved companion seemed to frown (It is difficult to tell),
"Oh my sweet one, you don't understand. On my world the highest level of inhabitants produces all of the various and sundry forms of life.In other words ,we will be having twelve progeny,
all different and indigenous to my planet."
I admit upon hearing this I fainted but was quickly revived by a sweet melody whose notes fell gently on my face. ItHeShe knew my favorite song would bring me back and it did.

Mooru,what I call a gorilla,peeked into our area and asked in a series of grunts,if all was well. Mooru is a favorite among the younger tourists and often gives them rides on his back.He is allowed free reign of the facility due to a mind clamp that keeps him docile. I know he has a crush on ItHeShe and that is often used to get us extra privileges.
ItHeShe stuck out a hand to stroke his auburn hair and purred sweetly,"Dear Mooru,will you bring me a fresh steer tonight? I am simply famished!"
Mooru grunted and loped off to kill something for us. Now I knew something was up because ItHeShe never ate a whole steer.

Now that we were alone, I sat down in front of my darling and gazed into blue eyes,they were my favorite as the red one actually often frightened me."Please tell me what to expect Sweetheart," I coaxed,"Will any of our little ones look like me?"
Looking at my six foot form,taking note of my green eyes and pale blond hair,I noticed a slight gagging reflex that was quickly squelched.
"Not this time, but who knows on down the line,some of you may surface in one way or another."
A long fluffy tail came around me and soothed my worried brow.
"There will be fowl" ItHeShe mused with a smile(I think).
"And there is always a rather large reptile."
Here I admit I almost fainted again but stayed strong.
"The good news is you won't have to be involved."

I brushed the feathers back off my dear one's foreheads and sighed,"Of course I will be involved. I am the father and I love you."
ItHeShe seemed to smile,"Darling,I will soon be leaving. My pregnancy has released powerful pheromones which have alerted my home planet as to my location."
I jerked up at this and put my hands on furry shoulders (the attribute that most pleased Mooru I might add)."Darling, that is wonderful! When do we leave," I cri
A whole dead steer came flying through the food portal and splatted down in front of my sweet one.With a squeal of joy,ItHeShe began to gorge on the succulent meat. I turned to find Mooru extending a hairy hand towards me holding a pot pie.
"Thank you " ,I grunted and turned away to eat in peace. Then I heard Mooru ask,"Did you tell him yet?"

Without looking up I got the message in my mind,"I'm so sorry,my love. I can't take you with me. You would never be accepted on my world."
I was crushed! I dropped my pot pie and fell to my knees in front of my dear one. "What are you saying, I am an artistic genius, brought across the cosmos to represent the best Earth has to offer."

"Oh my poor dear,That is just the problem. You are the best Earth has to offer. On my world, artists are a dime a dozen,(I learned that saying from you ). Artists beg in the kablocks all over the world.I would be ostracized and you would be killed.Then our poor offspring would be sterilized. Do you understand? "
"But why did you do this if you knew all that?" I asked through my tears.
"As I told you Sweet heart , This was supposed to be an impossibility. No one on my planet gets pregnant unless they choose to do so."

Mooru grunted ,letting us know he was waiting for ItHeShe to respond. His long red teeth showed in what I had come to know as his version of a smile. ItHeShe spread azure wings over me as the red stalked eye examined me closely,"Mooru is coming with me as a gift to my Regent.He is helping me escape because he thinks I love him and not you.It isn't true, I do love only you.My gift to you , before I seek out the Mother ship hovering above us, is to wipe my memory from your mind."
I continued to sob for the loss of all I held dear and knowing I would never see my offspring.My Darling held me as Mooru watched patiently,"One more thing which I will leave in your mind,my love, The Hunters have captured a female from Earth . They found an actor on location in the jungles of your world. She was easy to capture as she thought it was part of the movie she was working on. She will be coming here tonight.You must be wearing this."
With that said,my Darling took a leopard skin garment from Mooru and gave it to me with a final kiss.As I stood there watching Mooru help ItHeShe out the meat door I heard her say one last thing,"Just remember to call her Jane and she loves bananas."
© Copyright 2015 Johnnie (prism7 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2069465-Captive-Love