*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2070656-Dear-me
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Contest Entry · #2070656
A letter from myself to myself
Dear me

          Alright, its the new year boyo, time for us to talk. Look Jack, you're good kid - mostly. I know you have some great ideas up in the old noggin, but you tend not to use them. They just bounce around your brain, only ideas, fantasies. You have to put them into use, change them from fantasy to reality. You can change the world Jack. I know it. What's that saying you have?
"Today, I’m gonna ...
Love a little bolder, Laugh a little louder, Stand a little taller, Be a little braver, and Make the world a little brighter.''


Well it's high time you took your own advice boyo. It's one thing to say it, it a whole lot more to actually do it. I don't know about rest of 'em, but you sure could improve on the first one. C'mon, Jack, this is it. This is the year you stop hiding in the shadows, and finally ask her out. And don't give me of this "who?" nonsense. We both know exactly who she is, and we both know that you like her. Even if you won't admit it. Not to your friends, not to her, and definitely not to yourself. You'll never know how she feels until you ask. Do it for me bud. Do it for yourself. You're a writer Jack. So use that creativity and write ! Tell her how you feel, if only on paper. This will help, I promise. You don't even have to write about her, just immerse yourself in a world of your own creation to take your mind away from what's going on up here in reality.

In fact, I challenge you to do exactly that boyo. At least twice a month, just let go if everything write. Pour your heart and soul onto the page and see what you epartp with. That's not so hard. Just try. And don't say it for the sake of saying it. It better be true bud. Don't be afraid. The hardest part of this is having the courage to begin. It can only get better (maybe)

I know that you're probably going to be listening to music while reading this, so open up your playlists and listen to "What are you waiting for'' by Nickleback. I know its your favorite song. Listen to it, then ask yourself, what am I waiting for?

Look, if you love a little bolder, everything else will follow. Once its off your chest, you'll be able to laugh a little louder. No matter what happens, you can stand a little taller, proud that you were finally able to say what you felt. You're going to have to be just a little bit braver for this to work though bud, but I know you can do it. And believe Jack, all of that will make the world seem one hell of a lot brighter.

What are you waiting for?

Yours sincerely,
         Jack

Word count = 495
© Copyright 2016 Hogie Bear (jogan62 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2070656-Dear-me