*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2070900-War-on-the-Horizon
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Drama · #2070900
A young woman may lose her husband, son and grandsons. The third War may be on its' way.
A young woman sits in front of her mirror with tears running down her cheeks and making streaks in her makeup. Her blacken eyes from the mascara gives off a look of paleness and looking as those she is very ill.

'Hey, what're you doing Eve? Grant walks up behind her and one look tells him something is definitely wrong. "Eve, what happened? Honey you know you can talk to me."

"I'm being silly Grant. I've been thing about the war and I know it's round the corner. They probably won't take you because pf your age, but what about Sonny? He's the right age. then there's our two grandsons and they both are at the age to go when called. I don't think I could stand to lose another son or grandson. IT will break me."

"Oh Eve, lets not think about it until we need to. All of them are smart, strong young men and they would do fine. But it is hasn't happened and maybe it won't. There have been talk of Wars before and they did not affect us. Come on Eve, let me take you to lunch, we can talk more about this and maybe I can relax your fears for once and forever."

"You're right Grant, I need to get out and quit listening to the news all day when I work.

"I love this place Grant. How did you know.?
"Sally told me you like to come here. and I would like to order for you, if you don't mind>"

"Good afternoon. Welcome to Tony's 'authentic Italian restaurant. Would you like to hear our special today"

"Actually, I know exactly what to order today, but thank you anyway."

"Great," the waiter said. Are you ready to order, or would you like me to give you a minute. How about something to drink?"

"We would like the Cake Bread Chardonnay and some water please. As for our order, we would like your margarita pizza for two."


"Thank you sir, I will turn this in and be right back with your water and your chardonnay."

"Thank you."

"My pleasure sir"

"Grant, you're so funny and I love that about you. You've ordered everything I enjoy here."

Waiter comes up to the table with the water and the bottle of chardonnay. He sits the bottle on the table, and pours the water in the glasses for them. He opens the chardonnay and asked, "Would you like to taste it first sir?" Grant nods yes, and the waiter pours a little in his wine glass.

"It's perfect."

"Madame, may I pour you a glass too?"

"Yes please. You're right Grant, I really needed this. I guess I worry too much."

"You do Eve and you must stop it. It isn't good for your health or for the family. They don't want their mother walking around with downturned lips and a frown that looks like a fault line in the San Andres valley.




© Copyright 2016 Lynda Miller (lmiller7569 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2070900-War-on-the-Horizon