*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2071188-The-Lost-Pearl
Rated: E · Article · Other · #2071188
The boy child has a hard time growing up to be a responsible man.
THE LOST PEARL

We are consciously or otherwise losing a valuable asset day after the other. This loss is taking place gradually but steadily in most homesteads. The pearl in question is the boy child. He is getting lost in the multitude of accolades accorded to the girl child and the sentiments and praises that meet the success of women in managerial positions. This is the case in light of the fact that on the other hand men are condemned and ill spoken of due to their standing in the modern family. It is factual that currently women are trying their best to do as much as their male counterparts even in fields that were previously considered out of their reach. However, it is also a fact that some men are truly losing the point in their attempt to remain heads of their families due to the social and financial standing of the modern woman who is working and probably earning more than her husband. I am wondering how the boy shall survive in such a world. My greatest worry however, is who the boys look up to as role models in some homesteads where their fathers are said or actually known to be the root cause of all the family’s problems. Right minded men in our community need to do something urgently. Otherwise we are at risk of losing a whole generation.
© Copyright 2016 Ruth Kaguu (ruthkaguu at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2071188-The-Lost-Pearl