*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2071323-What-Do-You-Want
Rated: E · Article · Emotional · #2071323
A question you ask yourself till the end of life




What Do You Want?

A question you ask yourself till the end of life



We are born, we are raised, we exist and we eventually die, however, we rarely live. Most of us are completely unaware about things we want in life. Have you questioned why? I am sure you did. I am not here to raise the same question; I am here to help you know your answers. To begin with it we need to understand, why are we here? A simpler question is what is our purpose in life? The answer to this might seem simple but is not easy to fetch from your inner-self. The moment you ask yourself this question your heart will pop up various short-term, worldly, materialistic answers such as to earn money, to help our family, to raise our children easily, to live a luxurious life, and so on. And that, my friend, is not the correct answer. Let me tell you why? Because when you say you are born to earn money or live a luxurious life you are not talking about your purpose in your precious life, instead you are referring to a social status that you want to achieve in order to become socially successful. Now, such things become purpose concerning the society you live in. It's something that has been infiltrated in your mind and not something you are born for. Similarly when you say your purpose in life is to fulfill your parents' dreams or to raise your children in luxury you are again catering to somebody else's dreams or purpose. No matter how morally or emotionally correct such purpose seems but it is rarely achievable simply because you are trying to live for somebody else. So, how to know the exact purpose of our lives?

To know your purpose you need to understand exactly the thing which makes you the happiest. To make you end up with your answer, I will start answering questions from my perspective. The thing which gives me this immense sense of satisfaction and happiness is undoubtedly love. I know it because be it my professional life or personal, I try to first connect my heart to the things I am involved with before performing any duties related to them. You won't ever find me doing things half-heartedly. I will either be all in it or all out of it; never in between. Now, when I know the thing which gives me immense happiness, to the point that I can even cry merely by thinking about it, is love; I clearly know what my purpose is in this wonderful, precious life. And that is to give selfless love to God's other creations. What do I mean when I say that I want to giveaway love to God's creations? Does it mean charity? Or does it sound too philanthropic? I will say it is not necessary to do charity or to become a saint in order to serve such purpose. I can simply just try to love the people in my life with all my heart, without expecting something in return. I can simply just help people less-fortunate than me with all my heart. I can promise myself to not giveaway anything except love to any life in this world. Gradually, I have answered all the questions to reach the ultimate question of my life which is, "What do I want"? Inferring from my answers to the questions above, I can surely say that I want to be in a world where only love is the language used to communicate with each other. I want things raised, nourished, grown, diversified with love in my Hubble bubble. And this, my friend, is what I actually want- a life full of love.

I am not sure whether you are able to answer the ultimate question but one thing I definitely can say that we all have been born for a purpose which is close to God's own will. Question yourself and seek answers so that you end up living your life instead of merely existing in it. And once you gain an insight to your inner-self, I can assure that you will become the most contented human in this entire world. Contentment will eventually lead to happiness which in turn will lead you to a successful life. As soon as you reach that level in your life, everybody associated with you will automatically grow and flourish. So, my friend, don't run behind life without knowing your own motive and don't die without knowing your answer to the ultimate question-What Do You Want?


© Copyright 2016 Aradhna (aradhnac at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2071323-What-Do-You-Want