*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2071760-Lion-Attack
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2071760
A man's encounter with a ferocious beast.
The crowd cheered as the gate was opened and a lion stormed out. It bore its teeth, gave an earth-shattering roar, and then looked at me with fire in his eyes. It gave another roar and then began charging towards me.

I looked around in all directions, looking for some place to run. The crowd yelled louder and louder as the lion drew nearer and nearer.

Finally, I saw it. A stone pillar about 20 yards away.

I began sprinting towards the pillar as fast as I could. I didn't dare look back and everything seemed to go in slow-motion as I drew closer and closer to the pillar.

Hearing another growl much closer this time, I knew the lion would be upon me at any moment.

Ten yards...five yards...two yards...the pillar.

I jumped into the air and clung onto it. Up, up, up I went. I risked a look back. The lion was mid-jump, lunging toward me, with its jaws snapping wildly.

I pulled my leg up just in time, and the lion crashed into the pillar just below me.

The lion landed with a thud, and I released my grip.

I fell off the pillar right onto the lion's back.The lion raised himself up onto its hind legs, gave a loud growl, and then began charging madly across the arena. The crowd cheered even louder as I clung onto the lion's back and hunkered over it like a jockey in a horse race. Finally, the lion flung me off his back and into the air.

I did a backflip and landed perfectly on two legs on the ground below.

The crowd roared.

"Ladies and Gentleman...the lion trainer!" the circus ringmaster boomed through the loudspeaker.

I stroked the lion's mane, and gave a bow.

© Copyright 2016 Greg Doodles (gregdoodles at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2071760-Lion-Attack