*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2072182-Remembering
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2072182
They killed his mother, and now she's gone.
They killed my mother, and now she’s gone.

I wish I could turn back time so I could relive those short memories just one more time with her.

The way she gathered food for our family with my father.

The way she looked at me with those beautiful black eyes.

The way she chose the right path in life.

The way she would hold me in the shade just because she knew I hated the sun.

I blink back the tears now as I think of that dreadful day, the worst day in my short life. She told me to stay outside the store while she went inside to get some food. I looked on in horror as I saw two large men corner her in an aisle. Time itself seemed to slow down as they smashed her frail body against the shelves, forcing the last breath out of her poor lungs.

And now I get the news that I may have only a few days to live. I’m going to live these last days as well as I can - exploring the great big world and avoiding those awful men.

Life is hard being a fly.
© Copyright 2016 Chester Banks (chesterbanks at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2072182-Remembering