*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2073008-Karmic-Gauge
Rated: E · Draft · Emotional · #2073008
Just a small part of a story im trying to do
The cold rain fell on his face while he was looking at the window where the love of his life lived. Why was he there? Did he really think everything through?
He started to remember evrything that led to this moment. How when he was picked on in school, she would tend to his wounds. How everytime he messed up, she would give him an earful. It all started as an innocent friendship. But as the years went by, these feeling towards his friend started to evolve. Become more complicated you might say. Suddenly this feeling of wanting to be with your friend when you could, became a feeling of wanting to be with her all the time. Everytime she gave him a hug, his heart skipped a beat. He suddenly couldn't just stop thinking about this girl that always was by his side.

However....

This life doesn't always go as you would like it to. You may have some luck taht a few people have to be with your first crush. But that isn't always the case. And certainly not in his life. Suddenly came the time where they started at different colleges. She went to a nice college in another state and he stayed at that boring town pursuing a dream of becoming an architect. The years passed but he couldn't still forget this girl. She probably already forgot him, he thought. But suddenly came a day where he received a text from her. She was back in town and wanted to meet him. They met at a fancy restaurant and had a really nice evening. everything went so well. He thought that this would be his final opportunity to finally confess his love for her. But. She was about to get married.

Overwhelmed from this news, he started to treat her coldly. she couldn't understand why her oldest friend would treat her like that. She excused herself and left saying that he didn't have to come to the wedding if he really didn't want to. He could not believe this. He never had a shot with her. the sorrow in his heart just couldn't take it. He took a long walk in the middle of the street while the rain poured down mercilessly on the town. After some soul-searching, he finally manned up and thought that it wasn't her fault that he didn't try to hook up with her. So now all he had to do was to apologize to her and everything should be fine between them. He bought some flowers and went to her place to ask for forgiveness. As he arrived he saw that her window was open. since she lived in the bottom floor he could see straight inside. He could never prepare himself for what he was about to see at that moment. in that room was the love of his life. Lifeless on the floor with blood everywhere. And beside her was there a man, that had undergone some kind of metamorphosis, that had her head in his hand. The monster loked at him, gave him a grin and ran away.

He couldn't believe it. she was alive just a couple of hours ago, but now she wasn't in the world of the living anymore. He dropped the flowers, ran in to the room where her body was and held it tight to his body. The tears fell and all he could do was to curse himself for letting her last conversation with him to be a sad one.
© Copyright 2016 Pen of darkness (theblackcat at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2073008-Karmic-Gauge