*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2073387-Writiers-Cramp
Rated: E · Other · Other · #2073387
Use sentence: Maybe I'll just go away. as first line or last...
"Maybe I'll just go away."

My declaration fell on deaf ears, of course. Mommy was talking to no one as she put dishes in the washer. Daddy was playing his phone and tablet. Alfie was sniffing the floor for any last remains of bacon or toast, his floppy ears going side to side like mommy's mop.

I was still at the kitchen door holding only one shoe. My caterpillar book bag on the bench, my coat on top of it. Mommy and I got it set to go before bedtime stories. I remember putting my shoes, both of them, under the bench. "My shoe is gone." I said again. This time speaking louder since mommy turned on the washer. I dropped my only shoe hoping someone would say something, even if it was to remind me of my indoor voice.

Mom still wiping counters, dad still had phone and tablet. Alfie had moved to the floor under the table.
I looked at the clock, it talked to mommy and daddy, but I didn't understand. I knew the 1, 2 and 3. Mommy sometimes told me more, but I couldn't remember today. I did know mommy always pointed and said time to go.

"Time to go" I said. Daddy nodded, scooted chair back and looked at clock. He shook his head and sat back down and said, "Mike wants to have us over on the 3rd, it's Saturday, sound good?"
Mommy cocked her head as she put her finger in her ear, "We have the Museum trip in afternoon, but we are free in evening." She put her finger in her ear and continued to talk to the wall.

I picked up my shoe and placed it back under the bench.
I took my caterpillar bag upstairs and put it on my bed. I took out my caterpillar book, looking at the fruits the caterpillar ate. Alfie came in and snuffled under the bed. He pulled out my shoe and laid down to chew the shoe lace.

I stared. My shoe. "Alfie, no." I yelled crying. My shoelace was wet and yucky. My shoe. My tears became loud. Soon mommy came in and found me holding my shoe. Alfie licked my tears, but I didn't want him near my shoe. "No." I yelled.
"Oh my, we are having a rough morning." Mommy said. "Alfie got your shoe, huh."
I nodded as she picked me up and placed me on the bed.

"Well, we can't wear those today." She walked over to the closet and pulled out the princess shoes from my birthday party. "We will have to make do. Want to wear these?"
The princess shoes. I remember putting the sparklies on with mommy. Bonnie liked them at the party, but she couldn't wear them because she wasn't birthday girl. "yes, yes!" I said.

"Okay, but your going have to be careful when playing outside; the sparklies could fall off."
I nodded. "I will." I took the shoes and sat on the floor as I put them on. I love the sparklies.
Mommy picked up the shoe Alfie had and said, "I'll pick up some laces tonight and we can fix the shoes."
I nodded still looking at the sparklies.

Mommy pointed to the clock and said, "Time to go. Grab your book bag." She walked downstairs.
My princess shoes clicked at each step. I smiled as I followed.
© Copyright 2016 SunflowerMarie (sunflowermarie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2073387-Writiers-Cramp