*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2073535-Dialogue-500---January-Entry
Rated: E · Other · Contest · #2073535
An early morning talk.
“Hey Becky, you’re out a little early this morning aren’t you?”

“Yes, didn’t get to much rest last night with all the commotion and all.”

“Amazing, I didn’t know we had that many Police officers in our little town.”

“Do you think they caught him? I mean, well, there was quite a ruckus, it sounded like someone was running through the alleyway.”

“You saw them? Did you tell the Police? What did they say?”

“Well, I spoke with a Police Sergeant. He wasn’t very happy. The suspect apparently has been causing them a lot of problems. I told him what I thought he was wearing, but I couldn’t really tell in the dark. You know Rick, it would have helped if your shed light was working. I mean, at least that’s what the Sergeant said. He wasn’t happy.”

“Yeah, I’ve been meaning to get it fixed. I don’t use the shed much, but why was the Cop not happy? Seems you gave him at least a rough description.”

“Well, he wanted the whole shebang, clothing and skin color. I mean he basically wanted me to solve the whole thing for him. He was mad that I didn’t have the sense to get a good look at them, like maybe invite them in for a snack and a cup of coffee at three in the morning! What a Jerk! It really pisses me off!”

“Ha ha ha, I bet if he wasn’t eating a jelly roll and drinking a cup of coffee at Denny’s, he was probably taking a nap somewhere. What did he say they were running for?”

“Huh?"

“The suspect, the criminal he was chasing.”

“Oh, well apparently he broke into a house and murdered a family. Pretty horrible if you ask me. It’s just not safe anymore.”

“Yeah I know what you mean. So what did you see?”

“I didn’t see a lot, just a shadowy figure in what looked like a gray jogging suit. He came from down the alley behind my yard and disappeared behind your shed.”

“That’s all you saw?”

“Yes, Rick. By the way. What brings you out so early this morning?”

“Just had to hang dry some laundry.”

“Rick! That’s a…. a…. gray jogging suit!”

“Becky, Becky……”

“Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!”



CC 1963
WD 375
LC 31
© Copyright 2016 Bedrock - The Lurker King (bedrock459 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2073535-Dialogue-500---January-Entry