*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2073590-Awakening
by Fenris
Rated: E · Fiction · Dark · #2073590
Parts 1 of 3.
         There was an increase in seismic activity during the past several years. Earthquakes began happening in areas originally not affected by such earthquakes. At first it was only smaller quakes in the more known fault lines around the world such as California and Japan. Eventually these quakes began getting larger and larger, causing massive damage and almost always followed by a tsunami. Geologists around the world were working day and night to find out why. Why were these earthquakes happening? Many religious people around the world believed it was a sign of the end times. Most people just laughed.... but it seems they were not as crazy as we all had thought.
         Geologists discovered that the source of the seismic activity was originating from the Earth's inner-core, the very heart of our planet. They realized that the core was actually beginning to rupture. Eventually it would break and the planet would ultimately be destroyed. They couldn't understand why it was rupturing, however. One geologist suggested maybe there was something within the core that was causing it to rupture. This theory was quickly dismissed as the inner-core is completely solid. Another geologist suggested that the core was seemingly "old" and could not longer sustain its solid form. This was unlikely as the core is made entirely of iron. Geologists simply could not understand why this was happening.
         The world began to panic. Riots broke out across the world. The world's religions began preaching, they said God has become angry with man for turning away from him and was going to wipe the Earth clean as he did in the Bible with the Great Flood. During their restless studies, one geologist team in India discovered that something had pierced through the inner-core of the Earth.... something alive.

© Copyright 2016 Fenris (coolidgeowens at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2073590-Awakening