*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2074014-Crazy-Love
Rated: E · Short Story · Romance/Love · #2074014
A quirky lesson about infatuation.
Crazy Love
by Chris Nance

“I love you,” I said.

“No you don’t.”

“How can you say that? I would do anything for you,” I affirmed.

“I’m sure you would do those things anyways.”

“I hate you,” I rebuked with a devilish grin.

“No you don’t. You’re just fooling yourself.”

“How can you say that when I’ve laid my feelings bare to you? How can you simply turn away from me and deny my feelings?”

“I’m not turning away from you. That's all in your head. It’s just that there can never be anything between the two of us. You and I are so different.”

“I know, but I’m sure we can make it work,” I reasoned.

“You know, deep down, it would never work with us. We’re from different worlds. You spend your days traveling, going to places I can never see. You have friends that I can never have a connection with. Even your hobbies…the things you love to do, I can’t be part of that.”

“I know I haven’t been around enough,” I lamented. “I know that maybe I haven’t paid enough attention to you, but I need you. I think about you every day. Even when I’m gone, thousands of miles away, I can’t stop thinking about you.”

“It’s time for you to move on...spend time in your real life. I can’t be part of your schizophrenia any more.”

“You can be so cold,” I accused.

“That’s because I’m a refrigerator.”
© Copyright 2016 Chris24 (cnancedc at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2074014-Crazy-Love