*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2074293-Pizza
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Dark · #2074293
Simple things in life can have a sinister creator.
The music danced in her ears, sending beats and movement through her blood. Dancing is considered a weakness in her, for she can never get it, even if it’s just choreography. Her arms were up and out, used a defense if she stumbled and fell down. The two left feet she claims as her own were on their balls of the foot, letting her spin around while twisting and turning in enthusiasm. All the while her voice spoke out in a beautiful match to her ear buds,

When the lights are turned down, they don’t know what they heard. Light a match, play it loud, giving love to the world. We’ll be raising our hands, shining up to the sky. ‘Cause we got the fire, fire, fire. Yeah we got the fire, fire, fire.

She smiled as the beat pumped her blood and the lyrics took on as her dance partner. Thinking she was invincible here was a moment of significance, one she wants to remember for many years for the fact that she’ll have many more moments such as these. Sadly, keeping her eyes closed for a while can lead to disasters in a cluttered home that’s in agony for cleaning.

Her voice stopped the song because of a pitch in a shriek and she toppled over, barely catching the rails to stop her body from becoming a ragdoll down the stairs. In that instant, she realized who had decided to drop by, from their voice behind the door and silhouette in the opaque glass. Her face became a bright red and she stood up quickly, taking out her earbuds and pressing pause on Pandora.

“H-hold o-on, p-please!” She stuttered as her voice cracked from embarrassment. Rushing up to find her wallet inside her jacket, she pulled out the twenty-three dollars and nineteen cents that were due. The girl prayed the person was not there long; and it wasn’t the same one who just conveniently shows up every time she orders.

Opening the door with prayer that was smashed when she saw his face light up while holding the pizza, she swallowed back her frown. “Thanks for delivering again.” She mumbled.

“Nah, it’s no problem. I love delivering to someone as beautiful and enthusiastic as yourself!” He laughed heartedly, calling back to her loud singing and dancing, that she believed he was able to notice even with the glass that was hard to see through.

In response she opened her mouth to reveal a loud squeak, and it widened her eyes in shock. If someone’s face could go past deep red, she has accomplished so, and in his eyes he finds it adorable.

“What’s your name, anyway? I’m Kyle.” His eyes smiled as he did, with little flecks of light shining from the green of his irises. She looked up and swallowed back from stuttering, even though the situation called for it to be inevitable.

“I’m...Opal..” As an introvert, Opal begs for this conversation to be over so she can eat her large pizza and wings. “Opal? A name suited for a gorgeous girl,” he soothed. “Well, text me! I can understand if you want to wait a little while, but I’d be more than happy to respond. I wrote it on the receipt for you. Sadly,” he grumbled out as he handed her the order and took the money. “I have to get back to work. I’ll be waiting for one, Opal!” He winked and turned back to his car, leaving the girl dumbfounded and ready to faint before she shut the door.

The snow under Kyle’s foot crunched and sent icy waves through the small holes that lingered. He opened the car door and adjusted himself correctly before he pulled out of the driveway. His eyes lingered more than expected as her home went by his view.

“Did you do it?”

The robotic voice that echoed from his laptop caused him to jump, and he groaned out a nod. “Yes, I did. She’s an introvert, you know that off her file, so it’ll be a while for her to text you.” His voice was dripping in cold and monotony.

“Good,” the voice called back. “The only thing I like from introverts is that they don’t pay attention to their town.” He laughed and Kyle had a smile on his face. “How was she supposed to know the pizza parlor she goes to has a trafficking gang in the back?” The sinister smile in the voice seemed contagious, for the dark shadows appeared over Kyle’s eyes, erasing the light and causing his entire figure of the nice guy to be shattered within seconds.

“That’s the fun part,” he chided. “They’re so oblivious.”
© Copyright 2016 Arktic-Rage (vivianporch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2074293-Pizza