*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2074417-My-biography
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Editorial · Biographical · #2074417
Here it is again, but this is the long version....
Hey all! This is Gavindale, and obviously this is also my first post on this website in quite a long time. - . I am 35 years old, from Rockville, Maryland (about a half hour outside Washington DC) and have lived in Maryland all my life. I work for the MNCPPC, and am a Micrographics Technician for Records Management. I have always had a very active imagination – it didn't take playing with other children for my creativity to show. I was always making up games and senarios and such, which made life fun and interesting. As I got older, my creativity blossomed the world around me into an ongoing adventure, with new rules and scenarios every day, creating a premise of venture for most any event in life. I remember the first big project was with Dungeons and Dragons. I was around 10 years old, and was out at the local shopping mall with my grandmother and cousin. My cousin and I were perusing the book stores for cartoon publications – mainly Calvin and Hobbes and Fox Trot. So I was walking down the mail aisle, and found something quite interesting. It was a picture on a box – a picture of a woman cradled in the arms of a vampire. It was nothing I had ever seen! The box was titled Ravenloft. I had to have it – but didnt have the money. I pooled money with my cousing but still fell short. We ended up begging our grandmother to loan us some money for the box. She caved, and we took Ravenloft home. Of course, we dived right into things. My cousin took a look and threw it aside but I sat down and throughly read the contents – word for word – as well as the books and maps that were also packaged.
In middle school I started a gaming group, and this lead me to creative writing. It was my ultimate endeavor, I took to it like a duck to water. We played Dungeon and Dragons from time to time, but in my spare time I would create landscapes, characters inside it, governments, and a varity of stories about these worlds brewing in my mind. This progressed through both middle school and high school, and I was constantly riddling up scores of ideas that progressed to volumes of material. In college, aside from the boring classes (haha) like math, science, and such, I took tons of English and Psychology courses, enough to major in either one. I couldn't decide, so I opted for General Studies degree. The semester I was going to receive my Associates degree, and the semester afterwards, I took two creative writing classes – Beginners and Advanced Creative Writing – Fiction. Now, in recent times, I have downloaded some digital graphing software, along with a computer program for character creation, to flesh out the worlds I have created. I have also done, and continute to do, extensive research on mideval government, science of the Rennesance, and other fantasy-related context. I still play Dungeons and Dragons once a month, and still work on my writing. It's a release, a pastime, and a welcome endeavor that I never get tired of.
© Copyright 2016 Gavindale Marchovia (gavindale at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2074417-My-biography