*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2074664-The-Sun-Above
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #2074664
He fights his rival and his master and learns what is important.
         There is beauty in all things. There is beauty in action. There is beauty in non-action. Behind the wheel, Jin was in action.
         The wheel turned from one side to another then flew through the air. It bashed his rival in the head. A smile grew on Jin's face. The wheel had been a worthy weapon, if not a bit unorthodox. He bowed toward his master, and then toward his rival. His opponent rested on one knee with his head in his hands.
         As he turned to walk away, his master called him.
         "Jin!"
         He turned dutifully around.
         "Yes, Master!"
         "Is it beautiful to see the blood of your foe?"
         "It is beautiful to use a weapon well."
         "Yes. The blood of foes is, also, beautiful."
         "As you say, so I believe."
         " You must fight me, now."
         "Y-Yes, master."
         The master raised his left hand in salute. Jin did likewise. They both came onto the battle mat. They bowed. Jin readied himself. It was the first time he had battled his master. His hand shook as he held it forward in position.
         Then the master sat down. Jin stood up straight in wonderment.
         "Attack!"
         "Yes, Master."
         Jin's foot sailed through the air with precision. Jin struck with all his fury. A loud crack was followed by a master lying flat out. Jin got down next to his master to help.
         His master sat up pinching his bloody nose.
         "Is the blood of your master beautiful to see?"
         "No, master."
         "Which is beautiful, then, the road that causes you blisters, or the fence that allows you a place to sit and think?"
         "The fence, master?"
         "It is the wrong answer. There is beauty in all things. Yet, without the sun, we can't see anything."

© Copyright 2016 John Locke (locke35 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2074664-The-Sun-Above