*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2075070-Black-and-White
Rated: E · Fiction · Writing · #2075070
The ins and outs of consciousness...
A post-it. She scribbles "it's over" on a post-it. She puts it on the door for the neighbors to see. On the day before Valentine's Day!{/i}
The sun blazes on the horizon. The city lights slowly turn on. Traffic horns blare and I've been walking now for how long...


Where am I? Where are my clothes? What time is it?
2:30am, the day after Valentine's Day. Have I really lost a whole day and a half? My lower back hurts. God, please let my kidneys be here! Wait. I would be in a bath or dead. Who's bed is this? I feel as if I've been exercising. The floor is cold, black tile. Huge window. Where is this? A high floor, a highway a river.
Where are my clothes? Litter box smell. She should use a more expensive brand.
Clean bathroom. More black tile, white walls, bright light, black accents. Eyes hurt. Turn off this light.
Back to the bed area. Dining area, kitchen; everything is black and white. No photos.
Where are my clothes? Okay, flat sheet dress--white, of course. Empty wardrobe. Nothing in the dressers. Nothing in the kitchen cabinets or the bathroom. No closets...


Where am I? None of the windows open. The door is locked from the outside. Dizzy. Sleepy.
4:30am, according to the clock on the wall. I'm cold. Handcuffed to a hospital bed. Where are my clothes.
"Excuse me." Nobody's listening. "Hello! Anyone, anyone hello."
"Sir let go of my gown please. I have to examine you."
"Get me out of here. You don't understand. I don't belong here. Wait! You don't have to do that. Do not give me that drug..."


The sun is warm. White room. Oh, padded. The backwards jacket. Awesome...

© Copyright 2016 Rafaelopezjr (rafaelopezjr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2075070-Black-and-White