*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2075142-Wrong-Delivery
by QPdoll
Rated: E · Fiction · Romance/Love · #2075142
Write a story that includes the words: heart, arrow, Cupid
Stacie returned to her desk to find a huge vase of beautiful red roses. She looked around to her co-workers and asked, "Who are these from?"

"That's what we're all dying to know. Open the card," Carole demanded

Stacie reached for the heart-shaped card attached and opened it. The card read, "Happy Valentine's Day to the most beautiful woman I know." The card was signed, "Cupid".

"Come on guys, who are these from?"

"The card wasn't signed?"

"No. It's signed, Cupid."

"Well I guess Cupid just shot his arrow. Did it work?"

Stacie picked up the phone and dialed Mark.

"Hello?"

Smiling she responded, "Mark you're so sweet. I can't believe you sent me these beautiful red roses. But why did you send them to work instead of sending them home?"

Silence.

"Mark, are you there? Hello?"

"I'm here. Stacie, I didn't send you flowers. I have some that I was planning to bring home to you tonight. This is somewhat annoying to me. Who's trying to nose in on my girl?"

"The card is signed, Cupid. This is really creepy now. I think I'll give them to Carole. She's been drooling over them. I'm not going to worry about it. Surely they were delivered to the wrong person. I love you. I'll see you tonight."

"Okay. I love you, too."
© Copyright 2016 QPdoll (eager2write at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2075142-Wrong-Delivery