*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2076042-Acid-attack-girl
Rated: E · Short Story · Romance/Love · #2076042
Love Is an essence which only sees the soul and the heart of a person.
She was still flushed from the earlier compliment. Draping her dupatta around her face she hurriedly scuttered to her house. "Why would a guy like him like me?" She was used to all the pity and offending glances of people. She was used to being ridiculed by others. But he seemed different! He never treated her as the "Acid-attack" girl. He made her feel normal! He made her feel beautiful! Tears rolled down her marred cheek. She dashed to her room. Tossing away the dupatta she stood in front of the mirror. She could'nt bare to see her reflection. She hated the scars stretching across her face like a crooked road map. She was agonised! She felt unnerved! Appaled!. All she wanted was someone who would look something more than her face! Some one who would look beyond her flesh and skin. Someone who would indeed find her beautiful.....

................He never expected the slap as a reaction of his compliment to her. He went home, his cheek still stinging from the impact of the slap. What did he possibly say that made her so cynical? He wondered all the way home. Tracing his steps carefully he reached his room, her thoughts never abandoning his mind. He was sure that what he felt for her was not some teenage infactuation. Looking for the taps, he gradually found the hot water tap n stood under the shower. The water felt warm against his skin. He instantly remembered her soft touch when their hands first brushed. The sweet fragrance of the shampoo filled the room. He recalled how eccentric her honeyed scent made him feel. He staggered out of the bathroom and looked for his stick. So what if he could see her face? He had seen her soul. He had cherished her company. Inspite of the other people calling her the "Acid-attack " girl he found her beautiful.
© Copyright 2016 VibrantNewborn (virtualwriter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2076042-Acid-attack-girl