*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2076387-Feb-2015-Bliss-InterviewLyn
Rated: E · Article · Writing.Com · #2076387
For Feb. 2015 Blogging Bliss
For The Blogging Bliss.


While Wordsmitty ✍️ is out roaming the high seas, I'm holding down the shores of the WDC blogosphere with another installation of our longtime random Bliss feature. This month, we're talking to House Florent is ready ...she's in charge of "Blogging Circle of Friends and "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise, as well as helping out with the "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS February fundraising event.

1) You've been a WDC member for just over five years now. How long have you been writing for before joining?

Lyn: I've been writing since I was a teenager; primarily journaling. I journal every day with my beloved pencil and notebook.

2) In addition to hosting a couple blogging groups here, you've taken part in numerous other activities...including this month's "The Soundtrack of Your Life and Elle - on hiatus 's new project, "Poetry Readings. What are some of the events you've been a part of besides hosting "Blogging Circle of Friends and "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise that you've enjoyed?

Lyn: I love participating in "The Soundtrack of Your Life with lizco252 and I always look forward to when she hosts Spamslinger events. I participated in the NaNo April 30-Day Poetry Challenge last year and will do so again this year. I host with you (Norb) in virtual camping trips each August in the "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS; we have so much fun together and no mosquitoes to deal with either. I also host "Love Shouldn't Hurt Poetry Contest four times a year to help raise awareness that domestic violence exists. For the next round I will be adding a short story contest opportunity for those who do not write poetry.

3) Do you find it easier to come up prompts and then write entries for them, or do you prefer to write your posts for prompts other bloggers come up with?

Lyn: I actually enjoy both. I enjoy the looking process for different prompts and writing responses. I also love the surprise of receiving the prompt and writing my response. Prompts stimulate my muse in different ways; sometimes in just a blog entry and sometimes I find my voice in a poem.

4) What are some of your writing goals outside of blogging that you hope to accomplish in 2016?

Lyn: I am in the process of having my domestic violence poetry series published with Lulu. It is so scary and exciting. Scary because it is a very intimate look at my life, and exciting because I know that my voice will be heard and hopefully make a difference to another person.

5) Tell us one or two things we might not know about Lyn.

Lyn: I'm 60 and a 3-time cancer survivor. My favorite quote and the best advice ever is “You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, love like you'll never be hurt, sing like there's nobody listening, and live like it's heaven on earth.” (William W. Purkey)

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with us, Lyn! Make sure you take a look at some of her goings-on this month, as well as some of her recommended picks from around WDC: " "Love Hers..." by SandraLynn Team Florent! , "February 14, 2016: St. Valentine's Day Massacre of 2129 by Prosperous Snow Valentine , "Invalid Entry by BlueMoon , and 873576 by amyjo-Keeping it real and fun! . She recently wrote "Age in Lyn's Eyes and is encouraged by a couple cats and her husband, Vic.
© Copyright 2016 Fivesixer (fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2076387-Feb-2015-Bliss-InterviewLyn