*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2076856-Call-Me-Grim
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Death · #2076856
The Grim Reaper is a bit pragmatic.
         You can call me Grim. You can call me Death. You can call me Reaper. Hell, you could even call me Bob. Whatever you do, never call me late.

         I am nothing if not efficient and punctual. I don't make the lists. My schedules are set. If I have your name then I also have the time. The only exception or deviation might be the location and circumstances.

         You might be thinking...if I do this or if I don't ever do that again, I might live longer. Self-help will increase your well-being, but we will have our appointment regardless. I see it all the time. Work out, eat right or not; either way, I'm still on the clock.

         When you think about it, there are two extremes. There are those who monitor everything they do, say and think, but then there are those that live for the moment such as the daredevils. You don't see me plucking the lives from every rock crawler that ascends a mountain face or those that are jumping off of mountains with a small amount of fabric on their backs. I don't much care if you are on an adrenaline high or if you have your mind in a meditative nirvana. I have an agenda to keep.

         There is no such thing as medical miracles. No divine intervention. Sure, go ahead and get your name on the prayer line if it gives you hope. I'll patiently wait you out.

         Occasionally, rarely, you might be the lucky recipient of Murphy's Law. I know, I know; how could Murphy grant a reprieve when no other entity might disrupt the schedule. We are all subject to the law. I might have to skip you once but, rest assured, lightning never strikes twice.


© Copyright 2016 Spectre Lives (glenncard at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2076856-Call-Me-Grim