*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2076902-Dream-world-of-Reality-By-Anna-and-Jake
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Anna
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Death · #2076902
Lily wakes up in a world where nothings what it seems.
This is a work of fiction any names or places mentioned are a work of the authors.

I need to get this work for my boss done Lily thought as she looks at her computer screen she just got done with twenty spreadsheets when her little boy came running in. Mommy can we play now you promised hours ago!" Lily looked down at her son his big brown eyes staring up at her.
she smiles"Okay I guess I can play for a bit."

She stands and follows her son to his room and sits on his bed.

"Okay, what are we going to play today?"

Her son's eyes lit up as he ran to his closet and pulled out a baseball cap and a glove.

"Can we play baseball outside today mommy?"

Lily smiles "Sure buddy, let's go."

They went to the garage out got the baseball out then they went out back and tossed the ball to each other after a half an hour Lily brought her son inside to eat lunch. After they eat Lily brings their plates to the sink and washes them. "Mommy?" her son asks looking sad Lily walks over and bends down to his eye level.

"What's wrong baby?"

"Mommy what was daddy like?"

Lily stands up straight and sucks in a breath "Mommy..mommy!" her son whines/

"Tell me!"

I knew this day would come Lily thought. But how do I tell him? I never thought I'd have to relive the pain and sadness ever again.



Lily looks at her son and sees the man that brought pain and suffering to her, the one who said he loved her. She bends down to her son's level,

"Son, your father... he.." Ring, ring

" I'll get that go play in your room okay?" she turns away and grabs her phone and answers.

"Hello?"

"It's me."

"Who's "me?" Lily asks the voice on the other end laughs.

"Your worst nightmare!" click.

What the hell? Who was that? Lily sets her phone back on the counter and walks upstairs to her son's room. When she opens his door she finds him face down on the floor not moving.Lily runs over to him and rolls him on his back and checks his pulse,

"No, not this you can fuck with me but not my son! " she yelled to the empty room.



She runs to the bathroom and grabs her son's inhaler and runs back to him and administers the medication and the boy starts gasping and begins to breathe normally again.

"Mommy?" her son asks "What happened?"

"You had an asthma attack, but you're fine now." She replied. They sat there for a while Lily held her son against her and stroked his hair

"Nothing will hurt you I promise," she whispered softly into her son's ear.

The next day, the telephone rings and Lily froze in place.
"Mommy your phones ringing aren't you going to answer it? " "It might be grandma and grandpa!" her son says excitedly as he grabs the phone and answers it.

"Hello?" he looked worried and handed the phone to Lily,

"It's for you I think mommy."

She takes the phone from him and puts it to her ear.
"Hello?"

"Hey, it's me again!"

"Who is this?" Lily asks.

The voice laughs "You'll see soon enough, I promise" Click.

"Mommy who was that?"

"No one sweetie, just a wrong number."

"Damn I hate those!"

"HEY! Watch your mouth young man!" Lily yells.

Her son takes a few steps back and runs to his room and slams his door. Lily runs upstairs after him and knocks on his door.

"Can I come in?"

"Go away!" he yells.

"Baby, please open the door." She sits down against his door and tries again.
" Please open the door."

After a while, she heard a lock turn and the son opened his door.

"What mom?"

"Look I'm sorry for yelling at you." She says

"It's okay Mom, I'm not mad anymore."

He wraps his arms around her neck.

"Better now Mom?" Lily nods.

Later that night when Lily was laying on her bed her phone rang again.
She answers it "Hello?"

She hears the voice laugh "Are you alone?"

Lily sits up "Who are you what do you want?" Click.

Her closet door creaks as she hears the tree's hitting her window. She looks over at her closet and notices it's cracked open.

"The hell?"

Bang, bang, bang, the trees hit the window harder as the wind picks up. The wind grew stronger and the trees broke the glass. Lightening and thunder roared outside. The closet door flew open and out stepped a dark figure,

"At last I've found you!"

         "AAAAAAAAAA!" Lily screams as she bolts upright.
"Wha..what was that?" she asks herself.

"Mommy?" Her son asks as he pokes his head into the room.
"I heard you screaming, you okay?"

His dark brown eyes scan the room then look right at her.

"I'm okay buddy go back to sleep."

"Okay mommy I will," he says as he closes the door.

Lily sighs then looks at the clock on her phone 2:58 man I have to stop having these dreams she thought. She closes her eyes and drifts off she sees the dark figure talking to a man, where am I? She looks around and notices she's on a street a street lamp casts light onto her.

She focuses on the man and the dark hooded figure again and walks closer to them.

"I want my boy back." the man says "I will bring him to you it's just the boy's mother is in the way."

The man chuckles "Why did you only scare her, I would've finished her off right then and there."

"That's you not me I'm just playing with her.. keep her on her toes you know."

The man steps back and looks in her direction.

"Well.. well what do we have here?"

Lily gasps when he comes to the light and looked into the man's dark eyes then tries to run.

"Stop her!" the man yells at the hooded man,

The hooded man runs after her and after a while, Lily couldn't run anymore and had to stop to breathe.

"Well well look at you sweetheart."

Lily jumps at the sound of the man's voice and the hooded man grabs her and pulls her to the ground and holds her there.

The man laughs "I always get what's mine."

He runs a finger down her face.

"Even if that means killing you."

As Lily look's at the hooded man terrified Beep, beep, beep. Lily opens her eyes and shuts off her phone alarm she rubs her eyes gets up then grabs some clothes and heads into the bathroom to shower. As the warm water runs down her face she thinks about what happened Who was that guy and what did he plan on doing to my son? Her phone starts to ring which startles her and causes her to run into her room to grab it.

"Hello?"

"You've been warned!' the voice says.

"What?" Lily asks

"Are you deaf?" The man yells

Then the man hangs up. Lily sighs then puts the phone on her dresser and gets dressed and heads forward her son's room. She pokes her head in and asks

" Hey, bud you awake?" Her son rolls on to his back.

"Yes, mommy?" "Yes?" "Can I go see daddy?"

After Lily comes back from dropping her son off at school she walks in and closes the door behind her.and locks it. She puts her stuff down and walks into the kitchen to get milk from the fridge she puts it on the counter and when she closes the fridge door hands wrap around her neck.

The man laughs"I told you that I'd get what I want."

Then he releases her and backs up.

"Who are you?" She asks

The man laughs "You really have no idea do you?"
He takes off his hood and turns off the voice changer.

Lily gasps "Joseph why?"

He steps towards her and says "To take my son back."

Lily rolls her eyes "You know what the court ruled when we split up, they ruled that you were an unfit parent for our child and plus you were a drug addict!"



He grabs her by the throat "You fucking bitch, you lied to the court's about me being a drug addict that was only supposed to be between us!"

Lily grabs the milk and hits him over the head with it he cries out and releases her. she runs through the front door, unlocks it, and gets in her car and drives off. After about ten miles from her house she notices a black car following her. She speeds up but the car behind her speeds up and swerved into her knocking her off the road into a tree.

Joseph drives off and calls his buddy "It's done man she's dead."

"Copy that." The voice said.


Lily sped through a white light I'm dead she thought. He won now my son will have no one and will be put in foster care, she looked down at herself and noticed her clothes changed why did my clothes change? She looks straight ahead and sees a dark hole and she flew right into it.

"Ms. Scott, Ms. Scott can you hear me?" A voice called

Lily opened her eyes and looked at the man in the lab coat.

" My name is Dr. Adam, you just woke up from a coma, you're at Flags Medical Center you've been here for five weeks." "Don't try to breathe I need to take this tube in your throat out, cough for me please."

Lily coughs and the breathing tube comes out.

The doctor takes it and tells Lily "Ms. Scott, I must regret to inform you that your boyfriend and son were killed in the crash, sorry for your losses"


She looks at the doctor in disbelief then the tears begin to fall.

"I must also inform you that you will need to relearn how to walk again."

Then Lily sees her mother enter the room.

"Doctor how's my daughter?" she asks the doctor turns around

"Good ms, she woke up a few minutes ago she hasn't spoken yet though, she will need to learn to walk again I'm afraid."

Her mom nods then walks over and sits in the chair next to Lily's bedside.

The doctor clears his throat "Well, I have to visit more people I'll see you two later, I'm glad you're awake Lily."

With that, he leaves closing the door behind him.
"Lily, I'm glad you're awake sweetheart!" her mother says.


Lily sits up and looks at her mother.
"H-how's dad?"
"Oh he's fine, he's in Japan right now doing his normal business travels!" as her mother answers Lily looks in her mom's eyes and asks

"Where's my son?"

Lily's mom looks at her all confused "Lily you don't have a son, you can't have children."

Lily gasped and fell back on the bed.

"Who was that boy?"

"What boy Lily?" Her mother asked
Lily groans and rolls on to her side facing her mother "The boy I took care of when I was asleep." "That was your boyfriend's son" as the mother replied

Lily cries.
" No, he looked like me and my boyfriend." She said then sighs "Look there's something that I kept from you and dad."

Her mom looks up at the ceiling then back at her daughter "Well spit it out Lily, let's hear it."

Lily looks over her mom's shoulder as she says "Well...as it turns out I can have kids but I can't stay that way until full term."
Lily looks at her mother whose face was pale/

"What.. How no-no that couldn't have happened, how?" Lily's mom asks

"Why'd you hide this from your father and me?"

Lily sits up "I didn't think you'd want me to keep them."
Her mother stands and grips both of Lily's shoulders and shakes her.

"What were you thinking, Did he even know!?" her mother asks

Lily clears her throat "No, mom the man could care less okay, I want to move on.."


After two months of physical rehabilitation, Lily can get back to her work at home, She is still shocked about what happened but is glad her abusive boyfriend is dead but for his little boy she felt hurt for not doing anything to prevent his death that day. Lily visited a psychologist about what happened and he told her to write letters to the boy which she did, she wrote 40 letters and each one she burned. A few years later she got a job as a foster parent and has helped kids who had bad home lives move on from that. When Lily was 93 she died of natural causes.





         

© Copyright 2016 Anna (cbsharkie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2076902-Dream-world-of-Reality-By-Anna-and-Jake