*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2077060-Yesterdays-Colours
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #2077060
Flash fiction
Yesterday is the colour of an old photograph. The first sign of your love is white clouds at the beginning of spring. A vermilion rose is my love for you. A peacock feather’s rainbow is the flowers and gifts I give you. Bright sunlight is our first kiss.

Betrayal is the colour of soot on glass. The same soot that now taints all I see.

Fading love is cirrus cloud white turning into thunderstorm sky grey. Scarlet is the colour of my heartache. Hope for love to return is the colour of a candle flame. Gold and blue lightning is the colour of screamed words of anger. Goodbye is burning pitch; strangling words and tears alike in my throat. Silver is the knife of your words twisting inside me.

A silver knife stabbing.
A stabbed heart crying.
Red blood dripping.

Bruised skin purple is the colour of your new love. Sickly yellow-green bile is my anger and jealousy. Maggots and rotted black teeth is his look of glee, knowing my hurt. The carmine red of dried ox blood is my despair. The last goodbye is a city’s polluted night sky.

Yesterday’s broken love is grainy photograph hidden in a drawer.
© Copyright 2016 CMarais (cmarais at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2077060-Yesterdays-Colours