*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2077149-Counting-Down-to-The-Worst-Day-Ever
Rated: E · Other · Death · #2077149
We all knew it was happening, it just had to happen so fast.

Countdown

10. Everything was going wonderful; it was a warm fall night. Then she said that she didn't feel good.

9. My mother had taken her to the emergency room where she had found out that she had Stage IV Lung Cancer.

8. We spent a lot of time up at your house.

7. We baked, played Super Nintendo, swam, and made memories.

6. You missed your favorite holiday, it was the first Halloween that you didn't come with us.

5. You got sicker and sicker.

4. There were lots and lots of chemo and radiation appointments that mom didn't want me to go to, but I did.

3. Your sisters came to visit and you seemed to have gotten better when you saw them.

2. You didn't.

1. On August 6, 2010 you passed away.



August 6, 2010 was the day that my whole life got turned upside down. I miss you more and more every single day. I watched you suffer for so long but when I went to say goodbye you looked like you were at peace and you didn't look like you were suffering anymore. Even though you aren't with me physically you are still with me every day. I can't wait to get my tattoo of your handwriting either. I'll see you again soon. I miss you, my beautiful guardian angel. "I love you"

© Copyright 2016 writteninthestars (writteninstars at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2077149-Counting-Down-to-The-Worst-Day-Ever