*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2077198-The-Life-Of-An-Introvert
Rated: E · Chapter · Friendship · #2077198
Its a story about an introvert trying to find her place in the society
Chapter 2:


However, when Rachel entered her classroom, it certainly did not look like any of that was going to happen, because just like every other time, no one seemed to notice her as she made her way to sit on the last bench. From her seat, she could hear people talking to each other, socializing and all that other stuff she wasn't interested in, so she just sat on her seat, humming to herself till their Greek Mythology teacher came in.

"Hello, everyone." That was enough to get everyone to shut up and sit on their seats. A short heighted girl, whose jet black hair fell in cascades down her back, sat in front of Rachel. She introduced herself as Elizabeth and smiled enthusiastically at Rachel, to which she only gave a curt nod in reply. How fake, Rachel thought.

The teacher went on to ask the students of their views on Greek Mythology and the importance of studying it. The class had turned into discussion mode and all about participation, which did not interest Rachel at all. So she started looking outside the window, at the scenic beauty out there. She could hear birds chirping in a distance, could see the bright glow of the sun, its rays refracting through the glass. So she took out her notebook and started writing- writing about the blue of the sky, the pattern of the clouds and the white of the daisies she could see out the window. Writing was one of Rachel's two favourite habits. The other was reading. If crushing over fictional characters was a habit, then that too.

She went on writing till she heard someone say, "Hello, I'm Fiona." at her elbow. It was a girl- a really pretty girl. She had deep hazel brown eyes, flawless white skin and lustrous blonde hair that fell till her shoulders. Why on earth would someone walk up to you in the middle of a class to introduce themselves? Rachel thought, but she just nodded. Then a blonde guy, with aqua marine eyes, who bore quite a lot of resemblance to Fiona, said "And I'm her witty and handsome brother, Jared." Fiona rolled her eyes.

"That's....interesting? But don't you think Mrs. Keen would mind the two of you walking up to my seat, in the middle of her class?" Rachel said in a matter-of-factly tone.

"What?" The both of them said in unison, clearly surprised.

"Mrs.Kee-"Rachel said as both of the siblings, who had been blocking her view, moved to reveal that the teacher was no longer there.

"But she was right here! When did she leave?" Rachel exclaimed.

"It has been quite a while, weren't you writing her lecture?" Jared questioned, moving forward to take Rachel's notebook. Rachel pushed his hand away fiercely, hugging her notebook to her chest.

"It's none of your business what I was doing!" she yelled.

Jared backed away, taken aback. Then there was an awkward silence which Fiona interrupted, asking Rachel "Okay, so when do we start working on our project?"

"What project?"

"Oh,girl, were you even listening to Mrs. Keen?"

"Just tell me what project!"

"Well, Mrs. Keen told us that each person is to pick two group members, who would then make a project on the Greek Gods."

"Why did you choose me?"

"Because we thought you were writing her lecture, and we could seriously use some nerd-help, but....." Jared spoke this time, letting his voice trail.

Fiona elbowed Jared and said "That's just Jared trying to be funny. So, um, when do we start?"

"Today's lunch break, I guess?"

"Great! Can't wait to start!" Fiona tried to sound cheerful, but you could tell she was forcing it.
© Copyright 2016 shadowhunter (shadowhunter80 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2077198-The-Life-Of-An-Introvert