*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2077244-Another-One-About-You
Rated: E · Other · Death · #2077244
You were my everything.

In 2009, my whole life would had changed. My grandmother was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. When she was diagnosed she was given 15 months left to live. It was very hard on everyone but it was especially hard on me. On August 6, 2010, she passed away. My life since then has not been the same. She had a major impact on my life and still does to this day.

August 6, 2010, this day is a day that I will never forget. It is a day that replays in my head over and over. It's like a never ending nightmare. My family and I were at home when we had decided to go to see her. Once we got up to her house she had passed away. She was struggling to stay alive so we had told her that it was okay to go. I was playing outside with my sisters trying to pass the time. We had started a game of softball with my sisters and my mom had come outside with a drained look on her face, like she had been crying. I instantly started to cry. I knew that she was gone. We had gone inside and said our final goodbyes. We all stayed up all night and finally the longest day of my life was over.

In 2009, my grandma was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. She always told me that she would fight as long as she could. When she was diagnosed and told us she only had an estimated amount of time left of 15 months. The eight months that she lived after that had seemed to fly by. Every moment had spent with her was special we would always do something fun so we wouldn't think about her being sick. During those eight months also had many treatments and radiation appointments. Chemotherapy and doctors appointments seemed to take up most of the time but we did as much as we could. These days were rough and people supported us. There were many overnight stays in the hospital and many complications. Pancreatitis and Pneumonia were a couple of the complications. Those were a few of the complications.

Ever since August 6, 2010, I have become stronger. I have become a stronger person and realized a lot more about life. My grandma taught me many things about life and she is the reason why I am who I am today. She taught me values and morals. She also told me to never give up on anything or anyone. Having her in my life was the greatest gift I have ever received. I always have wanted to go to school to become a cosmetologist and because of her, my dream will come true. She has inspired me to keep trying and never give up no matter how difficult the situation is. She told me to do whatever I have in my mind. She changed my life and made me a better person.

All in all, my grandma shaped my life in many different ways. Even though it was really hard to see and go through with her she made me stronger than I had ever thought of being. She made me a better person. As August 6, 2010 was the longest day of my life, I will never forget it. She was not only my grandma; she was my best friend. She was a fighter and she helped make me one.



© Copyright 2016 writteninthestars (writteninstars at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2077244-Another-One-About-You