*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2077269-Life-of-an-introvert-chp5
Rated: ASR · Chapter · Friendship · #2077269
an introvert tries to find her place in the society.
"That was probably the nicest thing you've done all your life." Fiona said.

"Oh, shut up." Jared replied.

"Why the change in behavior, though? Didn't you find her crazy?"

"Yeah. I did. But now, I think there's something different about her."

"You realized that now? It's not every day you see girls cry and runaway when you cheer for them, ya know?"

"No, that's not what I meant. I meant different like....special."

Fiona shrugged.







Rachel rushed to Cecilia's house, straight from school. She may be a bitch, but I need help picking my clothes, she thought.

Cecilia wasn't quite pleased to see Rachel.

"I'm so sorry I hung up Rachel, I was getting late for class."

"It's alright. Now help me with my clothes!"

Rachel had already told her about Fiona and Jared and that they had invited her over.

"So is it like a date? With that Jared boy?"

Rachel could feel blood rising to her cheeks. She did not even know why she was blushing, but she hoped Cecilia couldn't see it.

"Jeez, no Cecilia! He is just my friend and so is his sister."

"So it's not a date?"

"Stop saying that, Cecy. His sister is going to be there too! Were you even listening to what I told you?"

"Then why are you going over to their house?"

"Because we're friends and they invited me. Now tell me what to wear."

"Rachel, you go to your friend's house wearing anything. ANYTHING."

"You just don't want to help. I shouldn't have apologized for calling you a crazy bitch."

Rachel slammed the door shut behind her and left Cecy's house. She half-expected Cecilia to come over and apologize, but of course she didn't. She walked towards her own home.

"What took you so long, honey?" Rachel's mom asked.

"I went over to Cecilia's. Um, Mom, do you know what type of clothes to wear when you go to your friend's house for the first time?"

"Do you want to make an impression?"

"Yeah, I guess..."

"Then be who you are."

"So you're saying I wear that shirt which has Will Herondale's fan art all over it?"

"That sounds perfect. I love that one!"

Rachel left for her room, muttering "She'll never understand" to herself.

After searching for clothes for an hour in her closet, Rachel finally decided on a raglan tee, which she tucked in her Denim jeans- Sure it was simple, but it was the closest thing to fancy that she owned. All of her other clothes either had her favorite fictional characters and their quotes or adorable farm animals printed all over them.

She showered too, before putting on her clothes and wore her best perfume. She still tied her hair in a ponytail, because she knew no other hairstyle. Then Rachel did this weird little dance, for the excitement of it all. She did not why she was excited, considering she hated socializing. Maybe it was because Fiona and Jared were not fake. They were nice, like extremely, but not like Elizabeth nice. Not trying to be nice. Not faking it. Just naturally nice. She loved that quality about the two of them.

She tried to wipe that goofy grin off her face, but failed. Picking up her purse, Rachel left for her friends' house.
© Copyright 2016 shadowhunter (shadowhunter80 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2077269-Life-of-an-introvert-chp5