*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/207749-crush-act-3-and-4
Rated: 18+ · Script/Play · Teen · #207749
you are invited to my party...

ACT 3 AND 4

> (class room, the teacher is teaching busily and stella is staring out the window)

> (suddenly a note is thrown by her desk)

> (startled, she picks it up and looks around her, but nobody looks back)

> (she slowly unfolds the note and reads it)

> (note reads: INVITATION
> DATE/TIME: sept. 4th /9pm~6am
> PLACE: the white house on elm street
> * WARNING: penalty available for showing up late )

> (stella looks around again)

> ******************************************************************

> (music is blaring)

> (people are dancing)

> (stella opens the door wearing a red talk dress and a black shawl)

> (almost all people slow down and throw glances at her)

> (stella makes her way to the food table and takes a cup of alcohol)

> chelsea: hey,stella. you have any idea what time it is? you're 30 minutes late. 30 minutes.

> stella: what's with the 30 minutes?

> chelsea: party started at 9. you read the invitation card.

> stella: it was a piece of paper.

> chelsea: whether it's a card or a piece of paper, the info was on it.

> stella: yeah, i came late. big deal.

> chelsea: why are you late?

> stella: actually, i was thinking of whether i should come or not.

> chelsea: what's there to think about? you should've either come early like the rest, or stayed home.

> stella: nice category to choose from.

> chelsea: and you are aware of the penalty?

> stella: please, chelsea.(sips on the drink)

> chelsea: but this is jack's party. jack myers, the horror movie maniac!!

> (all people stare at the two)

> (stella frowns at her friend)

> (suddenly jack bursts open the french doors of the dining room)

> jack: would you look at that. somebody's a major party pooper. stella, i know. let's save the penalty for later...ladies and gentlemen, the party continues!

> (the music becomes louder and people start dancing again)

> chelsea: hey, look at him. he's king of the hill.

> stella: um, have you ever seen a king with an obsession with horror movies and calls people at night saying he's a a psycopath that escaped
the 'pleasantville mental institute'?

> chelsea: well, horror obsession aside,(smiles slyly) don't you think he's kind of cute?

> stella: jack myers? you're crazy.(laughs)

> chelsea: no,seriously. look at him.

> (jack is wearing a dark suit and looks good)

> (he's talking with a couple of people)

> chelsea: he has the prettiest lips and the cutest smile..

> stella: do i see chelsea love falling for the horror movie maniac?

> chelsea: no, i'm just saying, he's got that appeal. like a magnet.

> stella: i'll leave it to you to think him as attractive and magnetic. he's still the same to me, as i first knew him..peculiar.

> chelsea: peculiar? aren't you being a little peculiar, stella?

> yustina: hey, chelsea, stella. so, are you girls planning on eating and chit-chatting, all night long? chelsea, i love your hair. what number did you use? is that the new thing that came out from 'loreal'?

> chelsea:(looking at yustina's short black skirt) oh, that skirt fits you so fine. can i just take a guess how long it is from the waist line to the hem? uh..12 inches?13?

> yustina:(smiles forcefully) you're a good person, chelsea love, you know that?

> chelsea: i knew, yustina lee. who did you think i was?

> yustina: (in loss of words, pauses)oh(looks at chelsea's green dress)

> did you get the idea from julie andrews or something? i never thought of it-
curtain dresses. how sassy.

> chelsea: sassy..is that my designated label?

> yustina: of course not, chelsea. why would you-

> chelsea: then, i would have to call you scanty, scandalous, and sophomric, no, i meant your dress.

> yustina: sarcastic, aren't we?

> chelsea: we definitely aren't sidekicks, for sure.

> yustina:..we were so close to being, chelsea.(a serious and pitiful look comes across her pretty face)

> (chelsea's expression changes too)

> chelsea:...i know..but as happy as you are, i am too. it's just that i still find myself thinking of the times we had together..it's amazing how i managed to put up with you.

> yustina: yeah, we had fun together, but those days are apparently over, and i'm feeling even better.

> chelsea: it's good to hear that. you look better.

> yustina: same with you.(takes a drink dramatically, and then smiles her well- known,' i-am-so-good smile' with a toss of her long blonde hair)

> stella, how's your daddy doing?

> stella: he's fine, he's actually doing better.

> yustina: what a relief.(holds up her red plastic cup)i've been worrying,these days. and, my family, of course.

> stella: is it your dad's high blood pressure?

> yustina: no. he's been in and out of the hospital a couple of times, but no biggie.

> stella: really? he's lucky.

> yustina: yeah, whenever i think of your father, i just can't help but to feel sorry for you. i mean, you're pretty , an 'a' student, everybody's angel-and your father's..(frowns)he's a bad man.

> stella: thanks for your concern, but really, i don't need it. everybody has a problem of his own. if he hadn't, well, then, he wouldn't be on earth.

> yustina: you have a point, there. you're so smart, too. no wonder you're daddy's little angel.

> (a slow song is turned on)

> yustina: excuse me, girls. i've got some work to do.(walks off into the bodies of swaying people)

> chelsea: one more minute of her sitcomy, false cheer and i'll have to-

> stella: strip her half naked for everyone else to see?

> chelsea: no, actually, that's what exactly she would want. you don't know yustina lee. i do.

> stella: oh, yeah. i forgot to tell you-

> stan: stella?

> (stella and chelsea face a tall guy)

> stella: (surprised) stan?

> stan: can we talk? (looks at chelsea) in private.

> stella: uh, yeah, sure. chelsea, i'll be right back. meet me at the washroom. i'll be there in a few minutes.

> chelsea: actually, i'll just go out and mingle. see you.(takes and a look at stan)

> stella: yeah. (watches chelsea leave) so, um, stan. what a surprise.

> stan: what is?

> stella: you (stammers) i mean, us. i mean-what is it you want to talk about?

> stan: well, what i'm about to say..is something what most people try not to say and try not to hear.

> (stella looks at stan's face)

> stan:..can we start over? i'll do anything.

> stella:..stan, stan. it's not about starting over, and it's certainly not your fault...i'm sorry.

> stan: you don't understand..i, i don't understand.

> stella: you wouldn't, i know. look, um, i don't want to talk about this right now.

> stan: stella, please.

> stella: i want to be alone. i need time. excuse me.(runs off)


END OF ACT 3 AND 4
© Copyright 2001 sarahbritney (sarahbritney at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/207749-crush-act-3-and-4