*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2077735-Lost-Puppy
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #2077735
A puppy is living on the streets. Will it survive?
On an empty street, a little puppy lies. It’s a girl, just four weeks old, with black fur and blue eyes. She was born in the town over with nine other pups that died of hunger. Her mother died just minutes later. For weeks, she has gone too long without food. Too long without warmth. Without shelter or a soft, cozy bed to sleep in. She has gone days without sleep. She has stayed out in the freezing rain. The burning, hot sun. She has been hit and abused. She knows only the terrible life of the streets. The pain of thirst. The stab of hunger. She has had to suffer from things that no puppy should suffer. It’s raining. She whimpers as droplets fall like blades of a knife. The pain is unbearable. She whimpers. Suddenly a light comes on in a house not far from where she lies. There is a small shadow that disappears within a second. The puppy hears a door softly shut. Small, squeaky steps coming towards her. She is afraid, but can’t move from her spot. Feet stop right infront of her. She starts to whimper softly hoping that the feet will not hurt her. But also to put her out of her misery. But the pain doesn’t come.
A soft voice says, “What are you doing out in the cold, little puppy?” Looking up she sees a girl about five standing next to her. Staring down at her with big curious eyes. Then a door opens, “Crisy? What are you doing out here? It’s raining and it’s freezing? Come back inside.” A deep, strong voice calls out. She runs to the door. “But Daddy. I can’t leave Babi out here by herself. Oh, can we keep her? Please Daddy?” This voice is coming from the girl. “Who’s Babi, Crisy?” The deep voice comes again. Then she grabs his hand. She starts pulling toward the puppy. She starts to whimper again. The pain from starvation and the rain have finally gotten to her. “She is right here. Oh Daddy, can we please keep her. PLEASE????” She begs, pulling his arm.
“Oh, the poor thing. Why don’t you bring her in the house out of the rain? We could get her some food and water. Maybe a warm bed.” He says when he spots the puppy. He notices that her ribs are showing and that she has scratches all over, probably from other dogs picking on her. “But Daddy, can't’ we keep her? PLEASE.” She begs. “I don’t know. Do you promise to take care of her? To take all the blame” He asks softly. “Yes Daddy.” She says. “Then yes. She is all yours. But remember, she is your responsibility.” He says. “I won't forget.Thank you! Thank you! Thank you Daddy. ” She says. Slowly but carefully she picked the puppy up. “I’m calling you Babi. You are going to live in my room and I’m going to take care of you. I won't let anyone hurt you. EVER!!” As she starts walking toward the door her father starts to get tears in his eyes. My little girl is growing up He thinks.
This is the beginning of love, hope, and faith.
© Copyright 2016 Apes' Was Here! (aprilmwatruba at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2077735-Lost-Puppy