*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2077853-Journal-Entry-and-Date-Unknown
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Draft · Emotional · #2077853
This is an unedited rough draft part of a story that I'm writing.
"Do you think he ever loved me?" she asked quietly, grabbing the whiskey bottle and taking a large gulp.

His best friend looked over at her with sad eyes and shrugged; it was just another low blow to her already broken heart. She grit her teeth before taking another drink.

He let out an exasperated sigh and yanked the bottle out of her hands. He placed it on the other side of him, just out of her reach.

"He loved you more than anything in this entire goddamn world," he assured her, and it was true. She was all that he had talked about for months.

"Then why did he leave me?" her question comes out as a squeak.

"He loved you," he repeated slowly. He paused for a moment before he spoke again. "And that terrified him. He wasn't at all ready for it to hit him as hard as it did and when it did, he reacted the same way every person in his life that he ever cared about did."

She understood and nodded silently.

"He fled."

© Copyright 2016 Lani Kaye Ford (lanikayeford98 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2077853-Journal-Entry-and-Date-Unknown