*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2078484-Dead-Living-Abbys-Long-Road-Part-1
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Horror/Scary · #2078484
This is Bunny's Work it's about a little girl survive after her father committed suicided.
-->[NOTE]<--- this is my friends work so if your giving credit give it to it to him just not his place cause he has been hacked so yeah. If you do I will tell him.

It's been weeks since I got out of that place. But it costed a lot. I am thirteen years of age now. I think it was three years since my father killed himself cause he thought I was dead. And about fifteen weeks since I lost two friends Alec and Rebecca both for different reasons. Alec was infected so we stayed in the bathroom and he had me shoot him. While Rebecca sacrificed herself to a horde maybe left but I don't know. She ran into the library which also had lots of them in.

My name is Abby Squirrel I am actually also I'm sorry I haven't wrote in this for a while. This journal was given to my by Emily as a gift but now it seems to drag me down in sadness cause most the people I grew up with are either dead or gone.

"Come on Abby grow up... You been through worse... It's useless I'm not gonna make this... But my dad wouldn't let me give up." I talked to myself while I was top of a trailer by a collapsed bridge in Bemidji seeing a skeleton with a backpack. "You dead!" I yelled at it and it didn't move. "Good..." I said as I tried to find a way around the bridge

It was a few hours till the sun started to go down so I walked in the white building with the big red sign "PAMIDA" while inside she took out an ice pick then a hammer and smashed the window of the door I stood behind and waited with the ice pick ready to swing. I gave it a few minutes and I only heard a few moans. Not too terribly bad something i can take.

I waited for them to come to me but I noticed that more and more moans come so she waited and took out her flashlight and shined it where it came from. After looking I noticed lots of them were stuck in the aisle carts barricading them from getting to me.

In fear I looked for a lone cart so it would be easy to get my stuff out of here and out of here. "Maybe there are still people trying to make a community..." I thought out load while putting my stuff onto the cart but I started to realize that the zombs grew more outside after I shattered that window. "Maybe that wasn't a smart idea!" I said as I ran with the cart out of there and out of where I was.

I managed to run but I made it to a place called Pawn USA with the bars still on the door. Hey I forgot to tell you what I am wearing since the high school. I am wearing a Black and Grey hoodie with the SP on the tag under that I am wearing a black dress shirt, with a green camping backpack, black jeans with a knife sheath on one belt look and a gun holster on the other, black kinda worn All Star sneakers I found at the High school before it was over ran. Sure it don't match but who gives a crap it's the apocalypse and I kinda like it now back to the story.

Since it was a Pawn Shop I thought maybe there is a something of use there so I looked around but mostly founded DVD cases of different movies like some Final Destination and American Pie and stuff like that. I really wonder what it was before this cause there were also movies or I think movies anyways I have no clue about this kind of stuff like Call Of Duty and Left For Dead and loads more movie and game cases scattered the floor along with glass bullet casings and blood.

Looking outside seeing it was getting dark and most of the living dead were out since I was in shelter that smelled like shit it's better then being in a dumpster or in a trunk of a car. So I turned on the flashlight and looked around for barricades for the front door and window since it was busted out so I emptied my cart and placed it in front of the window along with a trash can filled with trash a few chairs and tables by the time I was done it was pitch black so I took out my flash light and decided to look around.

I was tired but I couldn't trust myself to go to sleep with dead everywhere outside with a completely busted out window barricaded with nothing but trash and eroded wood. While looking around for food really doubted it but I did find a baseball bat and another Ice Pick. "I should hide these in case a bandit comes..." I said walking behind the counter and stashing it under trash and busted cases.

I was feeling so tired I felt too weak to move so I crawled under the counter covered up in boards to hide and kept my gun out by my chest with the safety on and fell asleep. After what seemed like hours I woke up to hear a crash so I woke up so fast I forgot I was under the counter and bashed my face on that wood. For a second I heard "Come the fuck out I heard you over there!" I sounded like another kid.

"Okay but don't shoot please!" I said putting my hand up and slowly covered my sheath for my knife like Emily showed me. And stood up with my hands up "please don't hurt or take anything from me... I have nothing!" I lied

"Don't lie cause I shoot liars so they can go to hell where they belong with devil's minions!" He said pointing his gun at me "No use lying the more noise we make the more of them are gonna come! So calmly hand me your backpack!" He said

"Let me get a few personal items then." I said slowly grabbing the backpack

"What is there!" He said.

"Just a little baggy with my pictures of family and the wedding rings from them and even a fabric picture I made in St Paul before it collapsed." I said taking out that baggy what he didn't know though is I had a small blade in there the butterfly knife I got for my eleventh birthday still sharp and still sturdy and good enough to use. "Let me check you make sure you ain't packing any heat so you can kill me!" He said pointing a gun at me so I grabbed the knife and put it on the counter along with the gun and backpack.

"Good now we are getting somewhere." He said "now step away from the bag and start walking!" He said as he accidentally pulled the trigger and I heard a click which meant he was out of ammo. So I ran to my gun which was only a few feet from me. I grabbed it and he tried to do the same but I had the gun in his face. So just for show I pulled the hammer back and stood there while he just stood there with the gun in his face. He obviously didn't know what to do.

"Now walk out of here and drop your bag!" I said

"You don't have the balls..." I interrupted him as I shot past him

"Actually your in the wrong cause I will blow your brains all over the floor now drop your bag and get out of here!" I screamed at him

"Please you wouldn't!" He tried to beg and I pulled to the left and shot past him again

"I got ten more bullets left I can just off you right now!"

"Okay okay okay!" He said as he slowly took off his backpack and placed it to the ground

"Now let me frisk you I got a blade and if you try to make a move it will go into your spinal cord either killing you or just paralyze you." I said grabbing the knife and putting it to his back as I started to frisk him from head to toe I searched and found a hatchet a switch blade and even a few bottles of pain killers. "A druggie now huh?" I said as I noticed he was pale like one... Like I have ever saw anyone like that.

"Please not those I need those or I will go into withdrawals!" He pleaded

"Well shouldn't have lied about the gun then!" I said and walked to the counter and dumped what I got off of him the counter and turned with the gun points at him "now leave." I said

"Please you can't make me leave with nothing to protect myself with!" He pleaded

"Well should have thought what you were doing when you were trying to do it to me!" I said "now leave!"

"But..." He said so I aimed passed him again and fired making him jump and with that he turned and he hauled ass out of here running faster then anything or anyone I saw in my life .

I gave him a few minutes and unloaded the magazine and smiled as they all were blanks. "I guess most people are stupid... But at what cost did I have to do this..." I talked to myself for a bit.
© Copyright 2016 SurvivalPanda (purplepanda2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2078484-Dead-Living-Abbys-Long-Road-Part-1