*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2078806-Sympathizing-with-the-Devil
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Psychology · #2078806
We aren't that different you see.
The most interesting people in horror stories are never the victims. They are always boring, white suburban people who took a wrong turn down an alley. The same people who are kidnapped by someone who isn't right in the mind, and everyone in the end cheers when they are killed by our protagonist.

It's strange to thing that someone so boring could be the protagonist of our book, but that is just the way things seemed to turn out. They never really have a true personality, they are all duplicates of each other. They are all perfectly pretty, all have perfect relationships, and the the fights they have with their parents are petty compared to what the antagonist faces.

The only reason they bloodshed is because it's all they've every known. The only reason they love the screams, is because to them they are lullabies. They play with knives and guns the same we we play with toys. The laugh at pain, like we laugh at comedy.

You may call me crazy for sympathizing with the devil, but they truly are not that different than us.
© Copyright 2016 My Little Happy (munchekin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2078806-Sympathizing-with-the-Devil