*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2079204-Love-Conquers-All-Ch-1
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Relationship · #2079204
This story is about your journey to start life over in LA.

(YN)= Insert Your Name

Chapter 1

Your Point of View


I am walking down the streets of Hollywood confused. Everyone told me, '(YN), go, a fresh start will do you good.' Everyone knew my dreams were to live in Hollywood. I've never wanted to be famous if that's what you're thinking, but I just love the atmosphere here. I love that people come here for opportunities and sometimes their dreams just come true.


I've had a kind of rough start at life. My dad was not the best man around, and my mom died when I was only 6 years old. I have an older brother named Ryan. He's 26 now and I'm 22. He was really sad to see me move away. I needed a fresh start because of a boyfriend that I fell head over heels for. He was a doctor...I don't know, maybe I should have known better. Anyway, I don't want to bore you with my stories of how I think love doesn't really exist. I'm sure that will come out eventually.


I am almost at Sunset Blvd when I see a huge advertisement for a boyband. The billboard says Big Time Rush Coming Your Way. I look at the board thinking to myself, 'hmm, I've never heard of Big Time Rush before, but boy are they all goodlooking.' I try and gather myself and my thoughts. I was practically drooling on the sidewalk at how gorgeous they were. My apartment wasn't too far away from here, so I walk back. I let myself into the lobby area.

"Hey Hector!" I say to our frontdesk man. He has been so nice to me and helping me

move in.

"Hello Miss (YN). How was your walk? Did you clear your head a bit?" He asks.

"Oh yea, kind of. I saw a billboard for a boy band called Big Time Rush. Have you heard anything about them?" I ask curiously.

"Big Time Rush...yeah they are only the next big thing in Hollywood. They don't have any albums out yet, but they are all over the magazines. They apparently are going to be huge." He shares.

"Oh boy, I hope I don't get sucked into this boyband too. I just took down the posters of the Backstreet Boys!" I say laughing. "Alright have a good rest of your night Hector." I say walking to the elevators. Hector nods and waves going back to sorting through mail. While I'm waiting for the elevator I sit there and wonder how I only just heard of them today.

I hop on the elevator and go to the 3rd floor to my apartment. It isn't the nicest apartment around, but it's what I can afford for Hollywood. It's a one bedroom, one bathroom, and a nice open kitchen and living room. There is a beautiful balcony which has a tree coming right up to it. I take a look out there and think to myself, 'I really need to make this balcony beautiful!' I go back inside and decide I'm really tired. I go sit on the couch and fall asleep without even realizing.

I wake up the next morning around 5 AM. Way too early for me. I get up knowing I only have about an hour until my shift at this old diner starts. I got a job at the diner called "Old Drive Inn". Apparently it is a must go to place, and a lot of celebrities stop by to pick up food after a long day of shooting on set.

I head into my shift at 6 am. Carla is the owner and she hired me because I really needed the job. I had done some waitressing in my past, but I was really trying to get away from that. I went to college and got my degree in journalism, but haven't had any luck with finding a job in that field yet.

"Hey sugar." Carla says to me when I walk in.

"Hey Carla. Look like a busy day?" I ask hoping it won't be too awful.

"Usually the morning is pretty steady and lunch also. We don't get that busy until about an hour before we close at around 11 pm. I won't stop you honey from doing a double shift, just don't tell anyone I'm letting you do that." She says. I look at her with thankful eyes. She is paying me pretty well here so the more hours I can get the better.

The diner opens and I start waiting on people. It's just me and one other waitress names Dana. She is so nice. I can't help but notice how pretty she is either. Dark brown hair with the bluest eyes I have ever seen. She also has quite a nice tan. I catch myself a few times wishing I could have her eyes. I've always wanted blue eyes, but I got stuck with brownish hazel eyes.

"Hey while you have the coffee pot could you run to table 5 and refill their decaf's?" Dana asks.

"Yeah sure no problem." I say with a smile. She smiles back in gratitude. She is so nice and I hope we can be friends because as of right now, I have no friends here in LA. We both pull a double shift and clock out around 7 pm.

"Your name is (YN), right?" She says out of nowhere.

"Oh, um yeah. You're Dana right?" I ask politely.

"Sure am. What brings you to LA?" She asks as we start walking to our cars.

"Well nothing really. I majored in Journalism, but I really just wanted to come here for a fresh start. After all, LA is the land where dreams come true!" I say overexcited and a bit sarcastic.

"That's true. I'm working towards my dreams of being a singer. I've had gigs here and there but nothing to really put me on the maps yet." She says looking before we cross the street. I smile and cross with her. "Hey listen do you want to go to a party? It's gonna be awesome. Nothing too big, but I do have a gig and there may be some up and coming celebrities there." She says kind of eager to bring someone to hear her perform.

"Oh, um, I don't know. I'm still kind of getting settled in." I say hesitantly.

"Come on (YN), this will be fun and you'll meet so many people! Plus all your stuff with be there when you get back anyway." She says practically begging. She is really friendly and someone I want to become friends with.

I sigh, "Alright, fine. I will come with..." Dona looks back at me really excited.

"Oh my gosh! Yay! You'll have so much fun I promise. Here I have the address right here." She says handing me an invitation. I look at it thinking it looks like a pretty official party.

"It's tomorrow night at 7 pm until 1 am. You don't have to stay the whole time unless you want to." She says now talking really fast and excited.

"Alright thank you. I will see you tomorrow around 7pm." I say while unlocking my car. I wave goodbye and she waves back. I look down at the invitation. It looks pretty fancy and says it's a Masquerade theme. Masks...'Oh great, so I'll meet people but I won't know what they look like' I think to myself laughing. What have I gotten myself into...



© Copyright 2016 WriteForFun (createstories8 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2079204-Love-Conquers-All-Ch-1