*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2079663-Chic-a-La-Freak
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #2079663
My entry for the Daily Flash Fiction Challenge. Today's (3/29) words: teeth, water & shirt
The boutique was chic, sexy and way too expensive for normal people. Not today though. Today Chic a La Freak held an enormous sale. And Laura was there for it.

Just keep breathing. No, no don't look at the fountain. Who cares about a bit of water splashing from a sculpture? Right, not you!


Now focus on the only thing that matters; clothes.

“Honey, where are you?”
With a sigh 'honey' put down the shirt he had been admiring and walked away. Laura made sure he was gone before she reached for the abandoned shirt. It was perfect. Elegant, in a simple, very pink way... And it came with an extra hand. Laura took a deep breath and looked up.

Gulp.

That girl didn't look happy. Actually, she looked quite a bit like a rabid dog. Her teeth were bared in a threatening growl and her face resembled a tomato.

“Let go of the shirt,” the angry tomato snarled. “It's mine.”

Act tough and don't back down.

Laura rolled her shoulders and gave the red-faced girl a mean glare. “Says who?”

“My fist.”

Uh oh.

Laura stumbled backwards in an attempt to avoid the incoming punch. Her ankles connected with something solid, while her hand still held on to the pink bit of overpriced-fabric.

Double uh oh.

With an impressive splash, she landed butt-first into the fountain.

Please don't cry, don't make it anymore embarrassing than it already is. You still have the shirt. It's all yours.

Laura smiled as she looked up and saw that the voice in her head was right.

“Thank you, dear! I was wondering where my silly husband left it.” The man neatly plucked the shirt right out of Laura's still raised hand. “Honey, I found it!”
© Copyright 2016 Passionate (mvosch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2079663-Chic-a-La-Freak